Extra Door Seal/buffers

Hi all ,liking the though of a quiter closing doors . Door cards are removed and hoping to fit sound deadening to the outer skin of the doors. Found out the metal inner skin is a but more tricky to remove , looks like I will be drilling out revets to get in . Any one been mad enough to have done it ?

Hi all ,liking the though of a quiter closing doors . Door cards are removed and hoping to fit sound deadening to the outer skin of the doors. Found out the metal inner skin is a but more tricky to remove , looks like I will be drilling out revets to get in . Any one been mad enough to have done it ?
Did my doors a few months ago when I fitted speakers , a bit of a ball ache . Removed window mechanism but be careful when relocating the white plastic bracket which is riveted in on the top inside left of the door .

Many thanks for that ,steady as she goes. Hope to take some pictures to help reassemble , brain getting bit ---- forgetful.

Mine have been on now for a good six months, and either I've got used to them or they have got a bit squashed, but when I close the doors they sound like a van again! I may apply some vaseline to pep them up a tad.

Just got around to fitting mine and they make a big difference to the sound - very cheap and cheerful but does the job. Not sure if everyone else has done similar but I wanted to keep in a single strip on each door so to let any water that will get in escape I have cut a couple of small holes in each along the bottom edge.

sorry.....but I don't like the way they pucker up on the curves. I fitted some smaller ones.......same ones I put on the T5. They go around curves a treat. I'm a bit ocd like that.

Fitted mine yesterday. Many thanks @Pauly for selling these and much else. To have my van doors sound like a posh car rather than just a cheap van is priceless. I actually open and shut then twice just to hear the "flump"sound (was more like a "crank" before). Lovely.

Oh and thanks for all the great pics of how they run round the doors, helped a great deal. I would probs have ended up with the rubber on the outside of the door and finishing off up the bonnet or something.

Can I ask, does the 5m that you order from the forum shop have to be cut in two or does it come already measured out in two sections?

Apologies for the delay the additional door seal is now available in the forum shop :)
It is listed in 5 metre lengths which is enough to do both front doors but if anyone requires a different amount if you want to do the slider as well etc let me know and we can arrange it
@Pauly just seen this comment. If I order it from the forum shop, would you be able to cut it to size in two half for me? I.e., the correct size for both doors in two sections? I just worry I would cut too short one side or something! Also how much for slider too? Thanks and know I am a pain!

This is what's great about this forum, a bit of research before you buy gets you extra door seals on your build that i doubt any body would have looked at in the extras catalogue and at £25 its a bargain.
Then the same thing available on here to retrofit and cheap. The best mod you will do for the money either way :thumbsup:

It's one piece 5 metres long but cuts easy with a knife or sharp scissors, there is no set way of doing it some people do it in one piece others cut it and have one vertical/one horizontal to allow any water build up to drain out

Had a good day in the sun today . Took advantage of the weather and fitted the door seals purchased for the forum.
I was so pleased with the result I a bit excited and wondered whats next? Any guesses?

Back