Euro 5 - 6 speed vs Euro 6 - 5 speed

If it’s for work then bear in mind that Euro 6 may be preferable in the longer term for access to certain cities that have (or will have) low emissions regulations.

Pete

I don't I'll be caught out with clean City travel as It'll be only for commuting locally or holidays.
I have seen a very reasonable 2018 startline with 35k for sale but it's a 5 speed.
A 2016 140 with double the milage is also available with a 6 speed but it also had ac and parking sensors... im at a loss.
Seems crazy that I have to search for a van with ac when my budget is 25k!

City travel is quite a wide area though. Not all these are live yet, and not all will charge you, but these areas all have to improve their air quality. Remember it may not be just the city centre.

Aberdeen
Bath
Birmingham
Bristol
Cambridge
Cardiff
Derby
Dundee
Edinburgh
Fareham
Glasgow
Leeds
London
Manchester
Newcastle
Oxford
Portsmouth
Reading
Sheffield
Slough
Warrington
York

Well that's an eye opener!
Euro 6 might need a good call after all.
What's the mpg difference between the 2 and which euro 6 models have the 6 speed?
Cheers

Hi and welcome mines the 150 6 speed highline 2017 kombi euro 6 with adblue
I do the same mileage as your talking about use it everyday for work mainly short journeys commuting circa 25 miles a day plus longer weekend journeys I don’t doddle and get to hung up about fuel consumption it is what it is at the end of the day I get around 30ish to the gallon or 400-450 to a full tank hopes this helps

We drive like the oldies we are and saw 830 miles on the range during one journey. :oops:

Highline 150 is definitely 6 speed with Adblue. If you want AC, it was standard on the Highline, optional on the lower specs, I think.

Euro 6 is a must if you are buying now. 6 speed necessary to reduce motorway consumption. If I remember 5 speed runs at 2800rpm at 70mph vs 2000rpm 6 speed.

Euro 6 is a must if you are buying now. 6 speed necessary to reduce motorway consumption. If I remember 5 speed runs at 2800rpm at 70mph vs 2000rpm 6 speed.
Depends on the 5 speed gearbox. There are high and low ratio versions.

Mine has the high ratio 5 speed and is more like ~2400 rpm at 70.

Last edited:
Back