Euro 5 - 6 speed vs Euro 6 - 5 speed

Used to break down every week, fuel pump would lose pressure, had one of those glass bowl filter pumps, my girlfriend thought I was having her on........
"Ooh, I am so sorry dear, we seem to have broken down (again) in this here very dark and secluded spot; don't worry just slide along this here bench seat and I will protect you and keep you warm. I even have a blanket on the back seat if you would like me to drape it over your shoulders."
The old lies were always the best.:thumbsup:

Haha, I had a mk1 Capri that used to "overheat" all too often, "we just need to wait a bit whilst it cools down" :)

"Ooh, I am so sorry dear, we seem to have broken down (again) in this here very dark and secluded spot; don't worry just slide along this here bench seat and I will protect you and keep you warm. I even have a blanket on the back seat if you would like me to drape it over your shoulders."
The old lies were always the best.:thumbsup:
OMG I can hear myself saying those exact words lol, ahhh the good old days, could go out to the cinema, have ten pints, fish and chips, taxi home and still have change from sixpence.....

Oh dear @Caravellet6 you must be older than I am then as it cost me at least a bob for such a night out. Still, one could always get a few pence from the taxi "engine's" byproduct in those days. Useful for the roses. :rofl:

Renault Fuego for comfiest seats ever.
My first car was a beige, 1973 Morris Marina. It was dreadful.
But it did have a handy "sofa" of a back seat and thanks to dismal reliability, taught me a lot about car maintenance!

Can someone confirm, is a T6 5 speed much different than a T5 5 speed? Debating a bargain 5 speed T6 which I could probably live with as have a 5 speed T5 and don't do many miles. Just thought a 6th gear would be nice on the motorway...

Can someone confirm, is a T6 5 speed much different than a T5 5 speed? Debating a bargain 5 speed T6 which I could probably live with as have a 5 speed T5 and don't do many miles. Just thought a 6th gear would be nice on the motorway...
Mines only a 5 and I've never felt the van needing a 6th gear. I've occasionally automatically tried to put it in 6th, but thats because I drive a 6 speed Vivaro at work and not because the van is screaming its nuts off. My T5 was a 5 speed as well and I think the T6 box is better.

What a lot of 5 and 6's in that post!

All 84 & 102s are 5 speeds. Euro 5 & 6.

All 150 & 204s are 6 speed as standard unless dsg selected. Euro 5 or 6.

Hello forum!
I'm about to pop my vw cherry and can't decide what I should prioritise.
I fancy an as new as possible van, which for my budget means a T6 but I don't know if I should be aiming for or dodging a euro 6.
I have done enough research to desire a 6 speed but can't find much detail on economy changes due to gear boxes or euro ratings.
The van will be my daily drive, covering about 15k a year for work but will be getting a high top, 4 birth camper conversion ASAP.
Due to my mileage I want as economical as possible but reliability will also be very important to me for the holiday trips I am planning.
Would you agree that a 2016, 140, 6 speed is the van that suits my needs the best?
Thanks in advance.
Jim

You’ll be pleasantly surprised how nicely a 140bhp 6-speed runs. Had one on my T5.1 before I got a T6 DSG. I kept it in the family and I still enjoy driving it.

If it's a 140 ps, I think that would be the Euro 5. It would be the 150 ps that's the Euro 6 with the Adblue. There was an overlap.

Back