Gearbox replacement 5 speed to 6 speed

BigYoeKing

Czech member
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys,
I'm currently converting my bus to a 6-speed transmission. T6 cxgb 75kw 5-speed.
I tried to code 6speed in the engine through vcds but without success. don't you know how to solve it please? I haven't even tested the car yet, but I feel like the cruise control won't work properly.
do you have any advice

Does the ecu need to be flashed for the cxha 110kw?

Thank you

I have finished changing the gearbox. if someone wants to change it, it is necessary to buy an aluminum frame between the engine and the gearbox. required parts:

drive shafts
gearbox (from 110kw)
Complet clutch witch 6bolts (from 110kw)
Gear linkage (6speed)
All bolts for gearbox
Starter
Clutch hose
And alu frame

now the car drives but still thinks it has 5 and the cruise control does not work, the engine is now running in 80mph about 2000rpm

IMG_7678.jpeg

I know you are not in the UK, but maybe email Darkside Developments. They have done a lot of these conversions and may point you in the right direction to complete the software side of the conversion.

Vím, že nejste ve Spojeném království, ale možná pošlete email Darkside Developments. Provedli mnoho těchto konverzí a mohou vás nasměrovat správným směrem k dokončení softwarové stránky konverze.
so Darkside unfortunately can't advise without a car at their place. we wrote several tuners here in the Czech Republic, but then I couldn't find anyone who would do it.

vcds has the option of 5speed, 6speed and Dsg encoding. just can't write. you don't know if it is possible after updating the software? I have a 4047 or is it possible to flash my unit to the original 110kw soft?

so Darkside unfortunately can't advise without a car at their place. we wrote several tuners here in the Czech Republic, but then I couldn't find anyone who would do it.

vcds has the option of 5speed, 6speed and Dsg encoding. just can't write. you don't know if it is possible after updating the software? I have a 4047 or is it possible to flash my unit to the original 110kw soft?
Unfortunately my ability ends with the recommendation for Darkside. It’s way above my skill level.

just can't write.
Which VCDS-cable you are using? Only HEX-V2 and HEX-NET seem to capable of coding these ECUs.

To verify the cable is capable of recoding the ECU you could try a known alterable coding in the ECU:
  • Flip over Byte 05, Bit 5 (Tells the ECU CCS is fitted)

However, my impression is that the gearbox type actually can't be changed by coding - it's fixed in the ECU software, hence VW has a separate software for each combination where CXHA engine is used: FWD manual, FWD DSG, 4Motion manual, 4Motion DSG.

I discovered another problem, when driving downhill for a long time, the clutch engages all the way down. then it's good again. you don't know if the clutch pipe should be with the regulator or without? it is a startstop 110kw SAY. Thank you

IMG_7917.jpeg

IMG_7918.jpeg

Back