Error: ACC and Error: Brakes… Workshop!

RunDSG

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Ok, someone please save me. I’m worried I’ve seriously wrecked something.

I’ve just finished a series of jobs. Most likely to have caused the error, fitting Westfalia towbar electrics.

I now get these two errors.
Error: ACC
*reading here suggests this sometimes happens after towbar install, and it can go away on its own
Error: Brakes

To complicate matters, I have a Ghost II immobiliser, which is meant to resume its normal state after a battery disconnection. But the van won’t start, and I suspect the immobiliser is playing up.

And causing me to really panic, my Carista can’t connect via OBD2.

Have I royally fudged something up?

Confession. I was half way through the canbus wiring before I remembered to disconnect the battery.

Help?

41E73312-BB35-4049-A844-25B8F617F4F4.jpeg

0244A286-74AF-43A9-B2F9-60C5AF9DC491.jpeg

In the first instance I would leave it turned completely off for 30 mins or so. Then try again. It may just need a full power down. Or battery off.

In the first instance I would leave it turned completely off for 30 mins or so. Then try again. It may just need a full power down. Or battery off.

Thanks. Are you saying, leave 30 mins with battery connected?

No. I’m saying. Turning it off and leave for thirty mins. Or disconnect the battery overnight. And then see where it goes.

No. I’m saying. Turning it off and leave for thirty mins. Or disconnect the battery overnight. And then see where it goes.
Ok. Thanks.

I’ll give it 30 mins now. And have another look.

The battery has been disconnected for a few days. Just reconnected it for the first time about 20 minutes ago.

So, if not good after 30 mins. I’ll disconnect again over night and try again tomorrow.

Appreciate the suggestions. Thanks.

Back