Dodo Mat Duo under rubber cargo floor.. between ridges or over battens?

Apretext

Edition Kombi 150PS
VIP Member
T6 Pro
We've got the campervan extreme kit from deadening.co.uk which comes with some silentcoat, and 2 rolls of the dodoliner extreme. The instructions say to use the dodoliner on the floor and walls, and the silentcoat on the walls and wheel arches, etc. Just checking, will we still be able to fit a ply floor on top of the dodoliner on the floor? I was wondering if I should cut it into strips and lay it in the ridges?

TIA

I just did mine and only used the 2mm silent coat on the floor if you use the Dodo liner your 12mm ply floor will be to high and have a knock on effect when it comes to fitting your units at the back the taller units wont fit and your side step also wont fit.

Our ply floor went on top of the dodoliner with no issues.
You need to buy the right side step to fit over the whole lot.

Pete

We’ve currently got a Kombi step, is there a higher step available?

I believe the caravelle step is the highest - that’s what we fitted. Do a search for it, as it comes up often.

Pete

Doesn't the extreme kit come with 16mm liner? They sell floor specific lining.

It's 16mm, yes. But they do say it can be used on the floor or ceiling (and walls, obviously).

I'm going to do the walls at the weekend, and see how much it'll compress, the converter will screw the floor to the ridges, and said we can put what we like in terms of extra insulation between. So, I'll see if it fits, but I'm going to get another big pack of silentcoat, and do the whole floor in that first.

Hi guys been looking at using one of these for the floor of my van to sound deaden and insulate.

Not sure of the best way to fit in conjunction with a ply wood floor which I also need to fit.

Thanks

hi RG i have just used DoDo Due for under floor its both dead-mat and 5mm insulation on a roll it went down easy enough

i went for the extreme bundle £ 350 and added the Duo liner twin pack £160 from sound deadening .co.uk it will support the 12 mm floor nicely

2 x recycled bottles wool thick and 1 x thin to pack every nook and cranny mines a van with No windows

just a lot of money to sit under the floor. but i budgeted for it . there was enough extreme double insulate the lower panels

if that helps. Nick

Reactions: Rg_
Thanks Nick. I may go for that aswell then if it offers both insulating and sound deadening properties.

I'm planning to glue down 9mm batons that the ply floor will screw onto. Woukd I stick this all over the top or just inbetween the batons?

Thanks Nick. I may go for that aswell then if it offers both insulating and sound deadening properties.

I'm planning to glue down 9mm batons that the ply floor will screw onto. Woukd I stick this all over the top or just inbetween the batons?

hi you wont need 9 mm if you put it on top of the rolled out 7 mm liner it will crush down to about 4 mm i would think. im just going to use the off cuts of the duo liner for the gaps more around the edges and bond around edges of floor to hold it in place so its easy if i needed to remove the floor the 12 mm floor will ride and is strong then the 9mm floor there originally. the pull out bench bed and a couple of single cabinets screwed into it floor is a 3 piece i ll bond it together with grip fill before the Altro vinyl goes down . screwing the floor under the vinyl you will have to take it up to get to the screws
im running a 12v main power to my passenger side wheel arch under the floor with a battery behind drivers seat in a cabinet to roof all my other power can go above roof panel and down my bench bed so its easy

got it carpeted now this week new panels and floor have just arrived hope the ceilings in there lol

hi you wont need 9 mm if you put it on top of the rolled out 7 mm liner it will crush down to about 4 mm i would think. im just going to use the off cuts of the duo liner for the gaps more around the edges and bond around edges of floor to hold it in place so its easy if i needed to remove the floor the 12 mm floor will ride and is strong then the 9mm floor there originally. the pull out bench bed and a couple of single cabinets screwed into it floor is a 3 piece i ll bond it together with grip fill before the Altro vinyl goes down . screwing the floor under the vinyl you will have to take it up to get to the screws
im running a 12v main power to my passenger side wheel arch under the floor with a battery behind drivers seat in a cabinet to roof all my other power can go above roof panel and down my bench bed so its easy

got it carpeted now this week new panels and floor have just arrived hope the ceilings in there lol
You'll have to show me some pics so I can properly understand what you mean. And how your doing the floor with the ply so I can understand it better.

You'll have to show me some pics so I can properly understand what you mean. And how your doing the floor with the ply so I can understand it better.

Morning will do Rg i ll start my report as stage 1 is nearly done now starting the panels this afternoon and have you considered joining the forum there's a ton more info on the Dark side in here

Morning will do Rg i ll start my report as stage 1 is nearly done now starting the panels this afternoon and have you considered joining the forum there's a ton more info on the Dark side in here
Thanks mate, looking forward to seeing how you get on. Yeah i will have to look into doing that.

It was these videos that inspired me to get the Dodo dead mat duo for the sound deadening and insulation. He didn't use batons though, just goes straight through the floor using the insulation as the base.

I'm sat here with the same problem, I have bought the dodo mat duo and had planned to do full coverage and screw 12mm ply direct to the metal base but the more I think I am not happy drilling into the van so I now need to decide whether I lay down batons and insulate between these or lay them down and still do a full coverage over the batons as well. its my first self conversion so not sure whats best to do. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Back