Dodo Mat Duo under rubber cargo floor.. between ridges or over battens?

I'm sat here with the same problem, I have bought the dodo mat duo and had planned to do full coverage and screw 12mm ply direct to the metal base but the more I think I am not happy drilling into the van so I now need to decide whether I lay down batons and insulate between these or lay them down and still do a full coverage over the batons as well. its my first self conversion so not sure whats best to do. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

This is what I'm thinking. I was wondering too whether to do the batons and then put the dodo then over all of it.
Just don't want it to be too high.

I did between the battons with 9mm plastic facing as thats what I had kicking about.
Silent coat between them for sound deadening then covered the while lot with an all in 1 mat then ply on top. Seems all good so far.

Some pics of what I have gone for. Dead mat duo in between the 9mm batons. I need to remove the Kombi seat brackets to put down the last batons.

View attachment 76366View attachment 76367View attachment 76368

great looking Job you have done there well done i was going to drop you a line to say the floor is spongy and will need some supporting i ll be laying my floor end of this week im on the roof lining lighting and building a halo now
my bench / bed and cabinets have arrived from Van Furniture very please with them and how its coming on can see a light at the end of the tunnel now 5 weeks in

Reactions: Rg_
@Mud Digger Thanks mate, you will have to post some pictures. :)

@ Rg i will get the pics downloaded soon and might i just say you add a little ply in front of your door catch edge most leverage will be there getting in and out of the van did you do the lining i was very pleased how mine came out glad i D I myself now

Reactions: Rg_
@ Rg i will get the pics downloaded soon and might i just say you add a little ply in front of your door catch edge most leverage will be there getting in and out of the van

OK thanks, yeah good idea I will add a piece in.

hey Bull we went with Duo on the floor are you saying go over with Hex on top i was only going to support the floor around the edges but will need to add a few more supports

I done dodo hex with floor supports, moisture membrane and then 12mm ply. You will need more supports tbh or your feel it over time.

By floor supports do you just mean more battens?

Morning Rg im sure he does i will add some in there's not a lot of floor actual showing once the furniture is in but it will help flatten it out i 'll bond the 9 mm battens and screw the floor onto that adding battens / supports on the seams too the furniture will be screwed onto the 12mm flooring .. i put a pic in to show u my carpeting above very please with it but dark blue shows every bit of fluff ... i brushed the hidden clip marks and they vanished

Evening all,
Has anyone used dodo mat duo under the kombi rubber flooring? It's 7mm thick, wondering if I'll have any depth issues when laying back down the kombi floor? Or even if it's worth doing...
Any thoughts on it would be great.
If I don't use it under the flooring I'll probs use it on the walls instead of thermo liner extreme!

Cheers!

Nice one, thanks for the reply. Is that even under the kombi rubbery flooring? As that's what I'm likely going to be laying down on top

I put down silent coat underneath my kombi rubber floor it’s only 1.8 or 2mm thickness .

Proper job by @BognorMotors, the cowboys who converted my van who claim to ‘ultra soundproof’ their vans don’t put anything under the rear matting because they say it’s already soundproofed, in fact they don’t even fill the rear voids with DoDo fleece. Avoid Wesse* Vans and go to a decent company like BMVS.

Hi - I run the dodo thermo stuff under the kombi rubber mat - just cut an inch around the seat mounts and thresholds so that the trims can go back on - bit of a push but works well (you can see a very very minor raise where the thermo liners not below the mat but would have to look for it

thanks

Back