Dodo Mat Duo under rubber cargo floor.. between ridges or over battens?

Hi there. This looks a great job. A question though before I do the same - if you used 9mm batons, were the areas with Dodo mat in between not a lot higher as that is 6.8mm thick and goes over the ridges? I thought the 9mm batons would be flush with the top of the ridges.
That’s what I was just thinking, did you get any answers to this?

I'm sat here with the same problem, I have bought the dodo mat duo and had planned to do full coverage and screw 12mm ply direct to the metal base but the more I think I am not happy drilling into the van so I now need to decide whether I lay down batons and insulate between these or lay them down and still do a full coverage over the batons as well. its my first self conversion so not sure whats best to do. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
How did you get on with this? I'm about to pop in the 9mm battons. Was then going to cover with the 7mm liner, with 12mm on top. No clue how to fix the step issue this creates, andthere seem to be no solution on the whole forum!!

How did you get on with this? I'm about to pop in the 9mm battons. Was then going to cover with the 7mm liner, with 12mm on top. No clue how to fix the step issue this creates, andthere seem to be no solution on the whole forum!!
So this is how I done mine…

- 9mm batons bonded to the van floor between the ridges

- Gaps filled with 2mm Silent Coat

- Full floor covered with Harrison’s gold insulation (5mm thick from memory)

- 12mm ply floor, I couldn’t get a one piece so used a two piece and used biscuits in the joint. Countersunk screwed into the battons.

- Karndean glue down floor (3mm thick from memory

- Kombi step

Job done!

Hope that helps

IMG_4241.jpeg
IMG_4244.jpeg
IMG_4258.jpeg
IMG_4369.jpeg
0fc9df02-7ca9-46a3-a4f4-676af1e5255d.jpeg
IMG_4867.jpeg

So this is how I done mine…

- 9mm batons bonded to the van floor between the ridges

- Gaps filled with 2mm Silent Coat

- Full floor covered with Harrison’s gold insulation (5mm thick from memory)

- 12mm ply floor, I couldn’t get a one piece so used a two piece and used biscuits in the joint. Countersunk screwed into the battons.

- Karndean glue down floor (3mm thick from memory

- Kombi step

Job done!

Hope that helps

View attachment 218356
View attachment 218357
View attachment 218358
View attachment 218360
View attachment 218361
View attachment 218362
Thank you, very detailed response. I plan to do the same and have ordered a kombi step.

However in your last photo, that looks like a caravelle step, as it’s got a light port on the right hand side! Just double checking with you before I stick this rather large layer of 7mm insulation down.

I don’t really want to try and force the kombi step on if it’s not going to fit.

I have purchased some extra long 32mm clips for the step as well, in case the alternative plan of ‘packing’ under the step 7 or so mm to bring the lip up over the 9mm ply packers, 7mm dodo insu & 12 mm ply - and alto flooring is necessary, I’m just concerned this will then possibly leave me with a gap at the bottom of the step threshold - leading into the rubber seal!! So many blooody pitfalls.

Thanks again, really appreciate your response

Kombi steps also come with a light on -

IMG_1572.png

You could always hold off until you come to fit the step and order one of each.

Remember the packers won’t raise the floor 9mm as it’s only the height difference between the top of the ridge and the packer your taking into account.

Back