Dodo Mat Duo under rubber cargo floor.. between ridges or over battens?

Sorry, are we talking sound insulation under the front cab rubber floor?

Sorry, are we talking sound insulation under the front cab rubber floor?
Well that too. I watched the transporterHQ video and they used dodo mat duo all over the floor, cab and rear. 7mm thick. I brought some as didn't intend on using a kombi floor but since had a change of mind and I'mgoing to lay one I think. Wondered if this at 7mm would have any impact on the kombi rubber mat not fitting correctly.. if that makes sense!

Hello all,

Perhaps a silly newbie question (again), once the floor batons are down, I plan to use dodo mat duo, do I put this over the whole floor include batons? Or just inbetween batons?

thank you

I think you'll run into problems with floor height if you were to Dodo Duo over the batons prior to fixing the floor down. This can affect lots of areas such as the step, seats and cabinets (if that is the end plan). Personally I would be inclined to screw and glue the floor to the batons to ensure rigidity so would only fill the gaps anyway. The gold/silver floor foil insulation (like this) seems a popular option to go over the whole lot as it is thinner but I don't know how this would compare to thicker foam just in the gaps.

Dont forget that your ply floor is also a good noise & heat insulator.....especially if you get a one piece floor :thumbsup:

Hello all. Quick question, how do people reccomend fixing batons down to the floor of the van? I'm a little reluctant to drill loads of holes in the floor of my van so was wondering about bonding them but is this a daft idea. First time converting. Cheers.

Hello all. Quick question, how do people reccomend fixing batons down to the floor of the van? I'm a little reluctant to drill loads of holes in the floor of my van so was wondering about bonding them but is this a daft idea. First time converting. Cheers.
As you say, don’t drill loads of holes.... stick them down with something suitable :thumbsup:

a reminder 9 mm batons and a 12 mm floor so that the Van Style or Van x deeper side step covers fit properly raising the floor any more sitting it up on the dodo mat over the batons raises the ply floor the step cover wont fit properly .

Tiger seal for bonding the batons down and a bit cheaper than silkaflex

Some pics of what I have gone for. Dead mat duo in between the 9mm batons. I need to remove the Kombi seat brackets to put down the last batons.

View attachment 76366View attachment 76367View attachment 76368
Hi there. This looks a great job. A question though before I do the same - if you used 9mm batons, were the areas with Dodo mat in between not a lot higher as that is 6.8mm thick and goes over the ridges? I thought the 9mm batons would be flush with the top of the ridges.

I used Dodo Duo, battens and then 12mm ply floor with a vinyl covering to finish, which worked with the Kombi side step. Just had to plane a few mm’s of the floor to ceiling unit for it to fit correctly well worth the extra effort.E54C945C-E14C-4F53-9460-4A5014AA3581.jpeg

Back