Direct TPMS Retrofit

I am wondering if anyone has worked out how to do this on a T6.1
This seems to be required hardware add-on for T6.1

- TPMS module 5Q0907273
- sensors 2N0907251A or 5Q0907275

So I have finally finished installing the TPMS. I have a slight issue tho, my TPMS module sees all 4 sensor ID's and I can access module via VCDS but it does not display in cluster. Cluster in T5.1 3D so should be capable of displaying it.
65 in gateway is selected and wires are connected as per Amarok CAN wires

For some reason VCP wont let me upload parameters. It is an new Amarok module so no previous parameter data on it, but shouldn't it still show on cluster?

Attachments

• Log-RDKS.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 13
Can you confirm exact part number of your sensors and share complete text of your VCDS ADVANCED ID for address 65?
Actually complete VCDS AUTOSCAN would be nice to see.

Reactions: mmi
Can you confirm exact part number of your sensors and share complete text of your VCDS ADVANCED ID for address 65? Actually complete VCDS AUTOSCAN would be nice to see.
Here is autoscan and advanced ID for address 65. I'm pretty sure the instrument fault has only appeared since installing the TPMS module. sensors are 5q0907275B

Attachments

• Log-TPMS 65-WV1ZZZ7HZFH111432-120110km-74632mi.txt
    1,019 bytes · Views: 12
  • Log-TPMS FAULT-WV1ZZZ7HZFH111432-120110km-74632mi.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 35
I am afraid that your wheel sensors are not compatible with autolocation.

See below
and below, particularly page 31

Shouldn’t it still show the menu in the cluster tho?
I’ll order some new sensors. The tyres are needing replacing soon. They were just the sensor part numbers that matched the amarok module

Direct TPMS on T5.1 cluster is a little bit tricky.
For example this cluster works no problem
7E0 920 880 J H04 0509

but this one doesn't work.
7E0 920 980 G H06 0405

So maybe your SW and/or HW version is not compatible.
7E0 920 980 NX H03 0605

Ah ok, i didn’t realise there were some issues with some SW, probably hence the fault in the cluster.

I was going to update the cluster SW to T6 but haven’t got any equipment to edit EEPROM (if needed after flash) without splitting it, which I wanted to Avoid

Ah ok, i didn’t realise there were some issues with some SW, probably hence the fault in the cluster.

I was going to update the cluster SW to T6 but haven’t got any equipment to edit EEPROM (if needed after flash) without splitting it, which I wanted to Avoid
It looks like you're having the same trouble as I did...unfortunately I still haven't been able to find an update file for my cluster so I've got a working direct TPMS that I can't actually see :rolleyes:

Your VCDS scan does seem to show a bit more of what's going on, as my VCDS interface isn't quite as good as yours...

I was getting 12658432 but no explanation of what it meant, it looks like it translates to "Tire Pressure Monitor Control Module: No Communication"
Interestingly I didn't get 10486016 which seems to translate to "BAP: control unit wrong software version"

I wonder if the issue is that the TPMS units we're using are too new for the T5.1 instrument cluster. It seems to understand it's a TPMS module, but can't talk to it due to no communication/incorrect software version. Presumably the later instrument cluster software allows it to talk to the 'newer' TPMS modules.

12658432 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s)
U1111 00 [008] - -
[Steuergerät für Reifendrucküberwachung: keine Kommunikation]
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 146
Reset counter: 124
Mileage: 119933 km
Date: 2022.05.05
Time: 00:47:50

10486016 - Control module
B2001 00 [009] - Incorrect software version
[BAP: Steuergerät falsche Softwareversion]
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 74
Mileage: 119933 km
Date: 2022.05.05
Time: 00:45:40

It looks like you're having the same trouble as I did...unfortunately I still haven't been able to find an update file for my cluster so I've got a working direct TPMS that I can't actually see :rolleyes:

Your VCDS scan does seem to show a bit more of what's going on, as my VCDS interface isn't quite as good as yours...

I was getting 12658432 but no explanation of what it meant, it looks like it translates to "Tire Pressure Monitor Control Module: No Communication"
Interestingly I didn't get 10486016 which seems to translate to "BAP: control unit wrong software version"

I wonder if the issue is that the TPMS units we're using are too new for the T5.1 instrument cluster. It seems to understand it's a TPMS module, but can't talk to it due to no communication/incorrect software version. Presumably the later instrument cluster software allows it to talk to the 'newer' TPMS modules.
A full scan would be better... can't even see the TPMS module you try to use

Back