Direct TPMS Retrofit

I found what I did wrong. I tried the wrong guide to fob programming. Now is everything working as it did before. Will the tpms menu show upp when I get the tpms unit installed and wired up?

Direct TPMS on T5.1 cluster is a little bit tricky.
For example this cluster works no problem
7E0 920 880 J H04 0509

but this one doesn't work.
7E0 920 980 G H06 0405

So maybe your SW and/or HW version is not compatible.
7E0 920 980 NX H03 0605

I am not sure about your Instrument Cluster.
7E0 920 880 C H04 0226
You would need to try and see if it is compatible.

I guess we all will find out then.

You need to edit your EEPROM and change your vehicle model as per my YT video.
VDOeditor is probably the best.
Taking into account your rear sliding doors the best choice seems to be T5 but by all means you should experiment with other models as well.

See below, but you can do that without VAG-TACHO and read your EEPROM content directly from the chip.
Btw. just to update. I edited eeprom from my cluster. Its microchip 24LC24E. Cluster 880K H05 1114 which have everything in Sharan image except tpms screen. Then i changed to 0E Multivan under Alternative Image. So yes. i got the Multivan image for the door open and all. incl. the tpms screen. But theres no image for my Park Assist 2.5. Im using vag dash editor 7.3.

With the vag dash editor 7.3, it doesnt recognised my current image. (unknown car) but since i put 0E Multivan as alternative, I select Sharan/Touran 09 from the list. So when i edit Wagon bit coding in 17 using vcds. I’ll get back the Sharan image. only I’m missing the Fuel Door open indicator from both Sharan/Touran and Multivan eeprom setting.

868E8941-6400-4139-99E0-779A9D36C623.jpeg

Ok. Sorry. Again. just to share. I found out that the issue with missing fuel door open indicator on MFD screen due to coding in BCM.

09 BCM PQ35M Byte 4 Bit 0 - Fuel Door Open Status Indicator MFD / RR Sliding Door Blocked (when Fuel Door open).

This is only good with Sharan image selected. I’m not sure about T5. because now i changed back EEPROM 0341 to 12(Sharan) and 0342 to 00(Tiguan)

Btw. anyone knows the image for Touran 5T in eeprom?

My squadron has landed ;)

View attachment 62914
View attachment 62913

I think I am getting ready :thumbsup:

So you have 2 options.
1. At least one of your sensors is faulty or its battery is dead - system won't work at all.
2. Try your receiver at different location and different positioning.

By the way, sensor battery suppose to last for 7 years but a lot of sellers and buyers don't pay attention to that.
Sometimes you can buy a brand new sensor/s with fairly old battery(therefore nearly dead one).

View attachment 137012
View attachment 137015

Above is my spare one purchased recently which turned out to be May 2018 so already 3 and half years old.

My DIRECT TPMS has stopped seeing pressure reading from my front RHS wheel.

After sensor removal I have double checked its manufacturing date (August 2018).
20230824_173506.jpg20230824_173713.jpg
Lifetime: August 2018 - August 2023
In use: March 2020 - August 2023
I suppose 5 years of a lifetime for a Chinese copy is not so bad?
But effectively this sensor was in use for less than three and half years.

I would expect genuine OEM unit to last twice longer.

So after a long and arduous journey, I've finally got direct TPMS working (ish) with my instrument cluster.

Originally, my cluster wouldn't show anything to do with the direct TPMS and threw up an error code. For info, it was 7E0 920 980 G H06 0405 - a T5.1 2D colour premium cluster. @dnoermann's similar cluster on software 0509 apparently worked fine - so I set about trying to find a file for 0509 which I eventually managed to get my hands on. Firstly, it wouldn't flash and I needed to change the SA2 key, then the flashing failed and the cluster stopped working completely, I couldn't start the van, MOT ran out, all appeared to be lost.

Thankfully, @Punkvw stepped in, and tried his best to revive my cluster remotely with some special flash files which unfortunately didn't work. We believe 0509 wasn't actually compatible with my cluster hence the failure. After a bit of discussion we decided the best way forward was to convert my cluster to a 3D one, so I bought a donor 3D cluster from a Passat CC (3C8 920 981D H04 0611), it was actually a 2D cluster but a high enough software version to allow being flashed to 3D. Anyway, the donor cluster arrived this morning, I drove down to him in Stevenage with both clusters and he worked his magic while I stuffed my face at McDonalds. I now have a fully working 3D colour cluster that supports direct TPMS and everything else I plan on retrofitting in the future. I am over the moon and can't thank him enough! I also asked him to change the graphics in the EEPROM to 0x0E (T5.1) thanks to the info in previous posts so I get the van display for TPMS :D My cluster now identifies as a 7E0 920 880 S H04 1109 - strange that the HW version went down, I can only assume that bit comes from the screen itself.

If anyone else has the same predicament as me, he can upgrade your 2D colour cluster to a 3D one with a donor cluster. And for everyone else, he can also fit you a 3D colour cluster outright, just drop him a message, I can't recommend him enough.

View attachment 168905 View attachment 168906 View attachment 168907

So, now to explain the working (ish) bit, the eagle eyed amongst you may have noticed no wheel pressures are being displayed. I've taken it for a little spin (on a private road :whistle:) and nothing changed. The full install has been there for nearly a year (just operating blindly due to an unsupported cluster), so I'd have thought it'd have sorted itself out by now. The sensors appear to be detected from the measuring blocks in VCDS, but autolocation hasn't happened. I can't remember the part numbers, but I did get the info from this thread after someone ordered the wrong ones, although they were Aliexpress specials. I'm going to try and borrow a TPMS scanner and try and manually configure them and see how we get on. It seems a few people have had this issue too, it could of course just need a longer drive to kick them into life.

View attachment 168911
thank you so much for recommending @Punkvw , I too had hit a dead end after my RDKS retrofit on a golf6, I tried scouring the net for information and came to a conclusion that my IC was incompatible even though it did not give any errors concerning hex65, {my IC SW level & donor passat IC SW level were similar}so I contacted @Punkvw on a Saturday evening, by Sunday noon he remotely tweaked my cluster, thousands of kilometers away and the RDKS display sprang to life, I am over the moon and cannot recommend him high enough

There is also the option to buy a full mqb kit for cheap from Ali express, and flash the antenna to 2H6 firmware, which works with PQ, and MQB sensors. I have the files if anyone needs

Where did you install the antenna?

Antenna 3AA 907 273 used > 15 euros :)
4 sensors new > 60 euros
Plug with seal and plug contacts New > 10 euros :)
Strands different colors 0.35 mm2 New > 3 euros

cheers
have a nice x-mas

oh , yes some help from russian forum , more of that plz.

All TPMS ECU and special PQ25

Last edited:
I obviously must have custom picture of my own bus as a TPMS outline :whistle:.
Actually, this is possible, but the custom picture would need to be flashed directly into LCD memory. Quite risky procedure so I would need to find replacement cluster, just in case :whistle:

My DIRECT TPMS has stopped seeing pressure reading from my front RHS wheel.

After sensor removal I have double checked its manufacturing date (August 2018).
View attachment 210914View attachment 210915
Lifetime: August 2018 - August 2023
In use: March 2020 - August 2023
I suppose 5 years of a lifetime for a Chinese copy is not so bad?
But effectively this sensor was in use for less than three and half years.

I would expect genuine OEM unit to last twice longer.
Found these sensors 3AA907275B

Not that I would need them but I think it is a time to have some spares in the back pocket.
Price was temping and quality seems to be promising.
Manufacuting date is quite recent -> 8th of December 2023.
Additionally there are no spelling errors imprinted on this lot :D :p
20240318_164759.jpg20240318_164847.jpg

Back