T6.1 direct TPMS reset .

Binda42

Hi all ,
I’ve upgraded wheels on my T6.1 and installed the existing TPMS sensors in the new wheels ,
on the main screen (centre dash ) the tyre pressures all ok on Direct TPMS section but on main dash the light flashes for tyres pressures and then stays on after a short distance .

As one screen says it all ok with pressures why doesn’t it reset on dash ?
Has anyone else had this problem with direct TPMS ?

What are the stored pressures vs measured pressures ?

It should sort itself out after being driven but if you are close to the limit and with low temps at the moment you can move in and out of range
Some pics of stereo screen and dash light might be helpful

If your tyres aren't one of the stored options and outside that pressure range you'll need to have the correct values entering into a user defined option using ODIS or VCDS I had to have this done as my dealer fit sportline wheels weren't available to choose from. VW didn't know how to sort it funnyily enough.

Stored pressures are set as required on screen which is showing in brackets , as once u drive for qtr Mile the picture of the transporter changes from dull to vivid and on screen it says tyre pressures all Ok .

Dash tyre pressure light stays on .

What are the stored pressures vs measured pressures ?

It should sort itself out after being driven but if you are close to the limit and with low temps at the moment you can move in and out of range
Some pics of stereo screen and dash light might be helpful
I’ll upload pictures tmoz .
Thanks for the reply

photo of start up as u can see van dull and then goes vivid
Light flashes on dash then stays on even with pressure’s all ok

94C14067-8EDF-4D5E-8753-0349445F7CBA.jpeg

150E92A3-3A4F-4FCF-91BE-17E9EF63D1A5.jpeg

0ACF5CE7-6666-4C4A-83BE-741FA8F6A87D.jpeg

@Binda42 Just a thought as I've had similar with mine (although normally shows on both dash & Infotainment screen also)

Toggle the 'Std' to 'Fully loaded' option (or to a different tyre size setting that will trigger the pressure warning anyway) & then drive for a bit after cycling the ignition.

Even if the pressure warnings then come on as the set- 'Full load' /tyre size parameters are different to 'Std'/current size it usually cancels the warning lights if you then toggle back to Std load/current size & carrry on driving after for a bit.

Hopefully that makes sense.

If this doesn't work you'll need a VCDS/ODIS scan to see what the stored fault is, such as faulty sensor/ sensor out of range etc etc

Back