Direct TPMS Retrofit

Number one requirement is instrument cluster.
SSP_561__The_T6_2016.png

To display direct TMPS, MFD Plus or MFD Premium is needed.

Reactions: mmi
Im thinking I might have the plus version, if this gets off the ground I’d be keen to give it a shot

Hardware addition:

4 x TPMS sensor 3AA907275F (€150=£130 - brand new)
1 x Control unit 3AA907273F (€79=£68 - brand new) / (€44=£39 - second hand including plug and loom)
1 x Complete plug for CU 8E0971934A (€6.80=£6 - brand new)

So the total, disregarding Instrument Cluster aspect, could work out around €200=£175:whistle:

Last edited:
@Robert
Does the cluster need changing?. I was under impression that said hardware allows for MFD to change.

@Robert
Does the cluster need changing?. I was under impression that said hardware allows for MFD to change.
IC needs to be changed if the centre LCD doesn't have sufficient resolution to display Direct TPMS details. But having said that minimum software version for IC and BCM need to be also established.

The BCM (PQ25 Max4 7E0937090) needs to be minimum hardware version H81 to have address 65 (Tire Pressure) on CAN GW installation list.:)

20200104_144107.jpg

But if yours is lower then not to worry cause BCM is very easy to be replaced and second hand units can be bought for approximately £53=€60;)

I have 70% of this installed on my T5.1, just need to mount the module and get the sensors in the tyres. and yes it does work fine on PQ25 platform

The BCM (PQ25 Max4 7E0937090) needs to be minimum hardware version H81 to have address 65 (Tire Pressure) on CAN GW installation list.:)

View attachment 57549

But if yours is lower then not to worry cause BCM is very easy to be replaced and second hand units can be bought for approximately £53=€60;)
Seems to be MY17 onwards then... :)

@Robert watching this thread with interest. Any progress you've made on this? I get my T6 in about a fortnight. Other than the usual Carista config mods, this is one of the items on the list. Van already has VB and Solar ... so nothing much to do there.;):)

I have 70% of this installed on my T5.1, just need to mount the module and get the sensors in the tyres. and yes it does work fine on PQ25 platform
Did you get a chance to upload your parameters to the direct tire pressure monitoring unit?
And if so did you use RDKSeditor or RDKS Master Generator Tool?

Reactions: mmi
Not exactly OEM style, but would do the job. Those kits are more suited to trailers and caravans, so they can be swapped between vehicles/trailers quickly.

Back