Direct TPMS Retrofit

Is the module the right one 3AA907273D?
If it is visible in you IC and accessible with VCDS then it is compatible 100%.
I am not sure about your sensors, but I agree with @Deaky, receiver location is very important. Can you try to relocate it to the centre spot where 2 hand brake cables are attached to retracting spring. Then take it for a 1 mile drive and report.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Is the module the right one 3AA907273D?
Mine is this one, same part number but different letter at the end. 3AA.907.273F. These are my sensors 3AA.907.275.F

This is what I have managed to gather so far.
It might be helpful to other people who want to verify Direct TPMS compatibility ;).

7E0 920 870 S H03 1107 @mmi
7E0 920 880 S H04 1105 @dnoermann
7E0 920 970 S H03 1107 @Deaky
7E0 920 970 S H03 1104 @StudleyGlass
7E0 920 ??0 ? H0? 11?? @Plumbwise (can you provide missing info? :whistle:)
7E0 920 980 L H05 1008 @Robert

And I am the only one who is missing vehicle outline in the IC display :laugh:.

Reactions: mmi
Thanks chaps for your fantastic write ups on these mods.:mexican wave:. Again.

Bits being collected for this one too.

tmps rx.jpg

Loom and Rx from the 'Bay. Annoyingly the +12V and GND are the wrong way round. I can't seem to get the pins out. I'll just join on another length of wire.

Even more annoyingly, the 4 off genuine sensors, also from the 'Bay are stuck somewhere on the way from Slovakia, with no movement on the tracking, and I'm booked into my local tyre place for new rubber from Black Circles on Thursday.

A small bonus on a child's pocket money got me the loom neatly wrapped.

20200714_174637_resized.jpg

Rx module installed, although will probably move it under the NS plastic cover as mentioned earlier in the thread.

20200714_201319_resized.jpg

Still awaiting the pesky sensors that it seems are still to leave the Slovak Republic;
1594916002429.png

All installed and coded, but no pressures being received. Dash display there, but showing dashed lines from each corner.

The sensors are working as tested with this MaxiTPMS tool;

maxitpms.jpg

I've moved the receiver to several different orientations, but nothing.

VCDS indicates that it's never seen anything;

tpms debug1.PNG

All sensors show same ID & 25.5 bar !

Edited to add; Sensor ID above 4294967295 is 2^32 (when starting at 0), so that's a made up/system default I guess.

I'm out of ideas now chaps.

@Deaky Did your's just spring into life after you posted a similar problem a couple of pages ago ?

All installed and coded, but no pressures being received. Dash display there, but showing dashed lines from each corner.

The sensors are working as tested with this MaxiTPMS tool;

View attachment 78760

I've moved the receiver to several different orientations, but nothing.

VCDS indicates that it's never seen anything;

View attachment 78761

All sensors show same ID & 25.5 bar !

Edited to add; Sensor ID above 4294967295 is 2^32 (when starting at 0), so that's a made up/system default I guess.

I'm out of ideas now chaps.

@Deaky Did your's just spring into life after you posted a similar problem a couple of pages ago ?
What sensors did you go for?
Have you got any photos?
Part number?

I had the same with mine @catfood12 . The cure was the receiver position under the van as @Robert and @Deaky suggested to me . As a temporary first try i cable tied it to the handbrake cable, soon as i drove off PING ! there they were. May be worth trying the receiver in that position if you have not already ?

I had the same with mine @catfood12 . The cure was the receiver position under the van as @Robert and @Deaky suggested to me . As a temporary first try i cable tied it to the handbrake cable, soon as i drove off PING ! there they were. May be worth trying the receiver in that position if you have not already ?

Back out with the ramps.... on it now. Give me 10 mins. :thumbsup:

I am afraid 5Q0 sensors are not compatible with your receiver.
Do you have the photo of the actual sensors that you got?

Oh no!!!!! Bu99er.

I didn't photograph them before getting them in......

Needless to say, dicking about with the position of the receiver didn't help....
TPMS992.jpg

I've just gone back through the thread. Obvs now I should have bought the 3AA907275B ... :sick:

i know why doesnt work 4u ,

You have to added all sensors ID manual and match with each wheel .

so read ID of all your sensors .
go to 65 / adaptation / add ID of your sensor and add which wheel is it . done .
ignition off 10sek and back on
again go to 65 / adaptation / add ID of your next sensor and add which wheel is ..

do that 4 times

so after that your module will c all sensors check picture .

Now do calibration in 65 module / basic settings
i dont have a special tool so i use strong magnet

pickup of list calibration tyle 01 and go to 01 wheel with magnet
30sek , pressure icon will flashing on speedometer click stop

type 02 and go to wheel 02 and do the same .
03 and 04 and go for drive .

i had the same problem
take me few days to fine solution , and now one can help
all people said , that easy , just work strait . (NO DOESN'T ! )
if you have MODULE used or new with new sensors we have to added to each wheel in adaptation . :)

Do that and will work 4 you.

All the best.

20200718_133616.jpg

20200723_215751.jpg

20200723_165447.jpg

Back