Direct TPMS Retrofit

Obvious thing to add;).
Pressure readings are blank in the IC initially cause all sensors have entered battery saving mode while the vehicle was stationary :thumbsup: .

Reactions: mmi
£104.83 8% Off | 2ND Generation TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor System For VW MQB Platform Golf 7 MK7 Tiguan Passat B8 NEW Touran Audi A3 5Q0907273B

anyone know if this complete kit is compatible with the T6 I have the mfs plus display, anything else I need to check , I have a vcds and half a clue how to use it
Shocking costing:eek:!
I have spent altogether
€136.67 = £120 (all brand new components ;))

Where did you get all your kit from?

Do any of you know what it takes to get direct TPMS on my T6.1 - it already has indirect TPMS.
Is it just software update via VCDS?
Or do you need hardware replacement?

Do any of you know what it takes to get direct TPMS on my T6.1 - it already has indirect TPMS.
Is it just software update via VCDS?
Or do you need hardware replacement?
You’ll need a TPMS sensor in each wheel plus a receiver mounted outside the van which is connected to the BCM and coded

£104.83 8% Off | 2ND Generation TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor System For VW MQB Platform Golf 7 MK7 Tiguan Passat B8 NEW Touran Audi A3 5Q0907273B
anyone know if this complete kit is compatible with the T6 I have the mfs plus display, anything else I need to check , I have a vcds and half a clue how to use it
I'm afraid not - as it states MQB Platform, which T6 is not (T6=>PQ25 Platform).
T6 shopping list ---> Direct Tpms Retrofit
---> Direct Tpms Retrofit

Last edited:
But doesn't it already have that?
No. Indirect TPMS uses the ABS module to monitor the rotation speed of each wheel relative to one another. It uses this info to work out if you have a flat. Direct TPMS uses a pressure sensor inside each tyre.

But doesn't it already have that?
There is also very easy way to verify if Direct TPMS is actually onboard. Just check your rims/wheels valves. If the valve neck is flexible and made out of rubber you almost definitely don't have Direct TPMS and if your valve necks are solid and made out of aluminium then there is a good chance that you do have Direct TPMS ;) .

Mass 34g vs 7g_b.jpg

34 grams vs. 7 grams - so obviously some additional rotational inertia introduced...:geek:

I have now ordered everything (2 sets of sensors for summer and winter wheels)
Thanks very much next step wiring it all up in a month or so when it’s all here lol

I have now ordered everything (2 sets of sensors for summer and winter wheels)
Thanks very much next step wiring it all up in a month or so when it’s all here lol
Good idea mate. That is very handy approach for people who change their wheels seasonally;).

I have 70% of this installed on my T5.1, just need to mount the module and get the sensors in the tyres. and yes it does work fine on PQ25 platform
Hey mate!
Haven't seen you here for a while.
How's you remaining 30% getting on :)?

How does the control unit get connected to the BCM ?
Have a look at the wiring diagram below.

Have not got a blody clue what that means , do the wires go stright into the BCM no connector on them ,

Back