Direct TPMS Retrofit

So, followed procedure from @Jester. Got the sensor IDs stored, but no option under ECU65, Basic Settings to do a per wheel calibration.

tpms set.PNG

Just two options on the pull down. Provoked the sensors with the tester, and then deflating the tyres. Still nothing. Looks like I'll have to wait until the correct sensors turn up.

tpms set 2.PNG

OK so far so good !

I just explain general so that's why you not catch.

Now you wheels have numbers , like 01 , 02 , 03 , 04
You can c that on list which you attach

IN BASIC SETTINGS /CALIBRATION

Type 01 in empty place ( routine control option )
and press GO!

tire pressure icon on cluster will flashing
Go to wheel 01 --- I DON'T KNOW WHICH IS IN YOU CAR. You should know that . You added (ID) to wheel

Now take some strong magnet and touch around sensor ... about 15-30sek
Back to the car , press stop in calibration .

Type 02 and GO! do the seme with all wheels and go for drive . ;)

All fork for me , should work 4U ;) don't know did that calibration help but i did it
Maybe just short drive will do the job but i play without any help so i try everything :)

All the best !

This is what I have managed to gather so far.
It might be helpful to other people who want to verify Direct TPMS compatibility ;).

7E0 920 870 S H03 1107 @mmi
7E0 920 880 S H04 1105 @dnoermann
7E0 920 970 S H03 1107 @Deaky
7E0 920 970 S H03 1104 @StudleyGlass
7E0 920 ?70 ? H0? 11?? @Plumbwise (can you provide missing info? :whistle:)
7E0 920 980 L H05 1008 @Robert

And I am the only one who is missing vehicle outline in the IC display :laugh:.

My instruments;

1596486184264.png

2018 LWB PV 204.

What does the 38.0 between the wheels indicate?
The pressure the tyres are supposed to be set at. You get another menu to pick the tyre size and van loading, it then sets those to the appropriate value, and brings on a warning lamp if low pressure is detected. There's details of the ECU data file a few pages back to customise these. I'm running 20s at 3 bar, so need to create that option.

Hi,

With a van on the way in a few months, I'm looking at wheels. On the LK performance website there is the possibility of buying wheels with TPMS sensors. Will my dash automatically see these readings so I can monitor the individual tyre pressures? I didn't order TMPS as a factory option.

Thanks

Hi,

With a van on the way in a few months, I'm looking at wheels. On the LK performance website there is the possibility of buying wheels with TPMS sensors. Will my dash automatically see these readings so I can monitor the individual tyre pressures? I didn't order TMPS as a factory option.

Thanks
No it won’t

Hi. In my T6 from 2018 I have, I can say, an indirect TPMS. I can only set the tires pressure that it is ok and get the waring that it has decreased. Any idea what hardware upgrade my T6 needs to have a direct TPMS? thx for your comments.

Hi. In my T6 from 2018 I have, I can say, an indirect TPMS. I can only set the tires pressure that it is ok and get the waring that it has decreased. Any idea what hardware upgrade my T6 needs to have a direct TPMS? thx for your comments.
All the info you need is in this thread.

Looks like it’s the wrong part numbers ;)

Hello @Robert , @Deaky - two questions please :)
  1. there are 4 wires in the wiring loom (see pic below). Do all 4 have to be the same/similar length to pull them all the way into the cabin? The blue cable in the loom I have received is very short. Deciding if to extend it with additional wire before I wrap it up in electrical tape.
  2. Any picture of where/ which grommet through which you have guided the wire into the cabin?
The sensors are in the tyre. Now the controller needs to be fitted at the correct place and then guide the wire into the cabin near to the steering wheel.

Then comes the last part of connecting and configuring. Getting there ... one small step at a time.

PXL_20201006_202401881.jpg

Ideally all 4 wires need to be very similar length as you should connect CAN near the BCM and power at the main fuse board.
You can enter through the grommet behind LHS rear lamp :thumbsup: .

Reactions: mmi
Ideally all 4 wires need to be very similar length as you should connect CAN near the BCM and power at the main fuse board.
You can enter through the grommet behind LHS rear lamp :thumbsup: .

Thank you. Never thought about that :thumbsup: ... was obsessed with thinking of routing it forward under ... :)

If it’s a negative wire you could take it to the chassis ?

Correct, could do, but prefer to connect it to the common earth/negative. Currently it is too short even for that :)

Let me fix and try and route it.

I shall be back :slow rofl:

Back