Direct TPMS Retrofit

A small tip. Test you have comms with the module with VCDS before you solder the can wires. I’ve fitted 3 so far and on each one the colours of the wires on the module loom have been reversed

Any clue why TPMS needs to be connected to Klemme 30 ?
Did someone test whar happens if it is only connected to Klemme 15 ?
It works also when you take supply to TPMS from the ignition switch but there are two side effects that I have noticed.
1. After switching ON ignition TPMS won't see your sensors(pressure readings) as quickly as it would if it was connected to permanent supply.
2. As you switch off supply to TPMS unit the sensors won't go to sleep mode as quickly as they would with permanent supply.
And this will have significant impact on sensors battery life.

Also when TPMS receiver is connected to permanent supply it falls asleep properly after switching ignition OFF (via CAN message)
and there are no issues with any quiescent current nor faults.

Retrofit is finaly done and working.
I will post Video and Pictures after testing different IC combinations.
And i will order the holder that is used in the Amarok, probably with that it looks a bit better.
Partnumber for it is: 2H6907538

Retrofit is finaly done and working.
I will post Video and Pictures after testing different IC combinations.
And i will order the holder that is used in the Amarok, probably with that it looks a bit better.
Partnumber for it is: 2H6907538

That is great news. :thumbsup: I stopped after fitting the valves. All other items are sitting on my desk - yet to be fitted.

Are you able to share a few pics or videos of how you routed the cable from below the van and into the van please?

Thanks

Sure, i used one of the already Holes from the Parking-heater, under the Driver Seat.
There i have the Engine-Can, because i own a T5 GP with "Side Assist", where there is the Connector T17f, brown, Pins 6 and 7.
And Klemme 30 and GND is there, too.
For the T6, you are not so lucky, and you need to wire Engine-Can to Connector T17m red, Left near A-Säule. Pins 9,8. If you have Side Assist.

Under the Car, you can easy go on side/over the Tank, till you reach the Point where the Antenna is.
I puttet the 4 wires into a 6 mm tube to protect them.
Here you see my Installation with 4-Motion.

tpms.jpg

I tested the Display in Kombinistrument with some KI's and with the infos we gathered here it looks like this:

T6 Black/White KI is showing the Outline
- 7E0 920 870 S H03 1107
- 7E0 920 970 S H03 1104
- 7E0 920 871 A H02 2030
IMG-4856.jpg

T5 GP Premium 3D KI is showing the Outline
- 7E0 920 880 J H04 0509
IMG-4855.jpg

T6 Premium 3D KI is not showing the Outline
- 7E0 920 880 S H04 1105
- 7E0 920 980 L H05 1008
Amarok Premium 3D KI is not showing the Outline
- 2H6 920 883A 2030
IMG-4854.jpg

So since the Premium 3D in general can show the outline, i think VW messed something in the newer Versions up ...
Probably they needed Space and removed this Graphic ...

Probably we should test if 8S0907273 TPMS module is working, too.
With that we get the Temperatures Displayed, too ... in mqb ...
and

Back