Direct TPMS Retrofit

TPMS wireless

And what do you think of these?
They are inexpensive and can be installed in 5 minutes.
It would seem like a good idea.

thats some mark up that seller is putting on them...i expect they will be made in the same factory in china as all the others available on ebay for a quarter of the price!

Okay, my sensors are on their way;)
20200227_055804.jpg
For the sake of €43.13=£36.50 I simply couldn't resist :whistle:

I found very cheap control unit few months ago (€44=£39 - second hand including plug and loom) but I didn't buy it then :cry:
Couldn't wait any more and went ahead with a brand new unit:cool:
Another well spent €91 = £80 ;)
But I saved few quid on a brand new plug, cause I bought it for €2.54 = £2.23 on AliExpress :rofl:

Reactions: mmi
Looks like I originally posted my thread in the VIP section. You'll only be able to read it if you're a VIP member.:thumbsup:

This is my driver's door sticker for tyre sizes and pressures.

20200313_143809.jpg

Plus my current VW Amarok wheels 275/40R19 :whistle:

And the last piece of puzzles has arrived this morning :)

20200403_101541.jpg

Warning thresholds:thumbsup:.

midlin10.jpg

Last edited:
And finally DIRECT TPMS installed and almost finished. Just need to upload my XML file, hopefully tomorrow (wife permitting :laugh:).

20200404_200046.jpg

Last edited:
My initial system test below.
I think I am going to keep my "old" indirect TPMS and I won't deactivate it. I know it is a little bit weird to see two very same menu entries side by side. But once you enter each one you know straight away what it is for. Also as my instrument cluster is 7E0 920 980 L HW05 SW1008 (end of 2015) I am missing a picture of a car where the pressures are displayed. I've got bare numbers only. And final thing, my pressure units are selectable with VCDS via adaptations of IC(17) :thumbsup:

Now, the most important aspects of this retrofit.
Location of Direct TPMS receiver/antenna and its wiring:thumbsup:
I know it is Amarok but it is also PQ25 platform(at least electronically);)
Note that power supply has to be permanent and not after ignition.

captur23.jpg

Last edited:
Back