Direct TPMS Retrofit

And final thing, my pressure units are selectable with VCDS only via adaptations of IC(17) :thumbsup:

Correction and my apologies for my premature statement;).
Pressure units are also selectable from my IC menu, see below.

20200405_125022.jpg 20200405_125038.jpg 20200405_125044.jpg
20200405_125049.jpg

@Robert thank you for sharing. Once you've finished, could you share how and where you fixed the TPMS receiver/antenna please? Also were you able to source item B, the casing for the TPMS receiver?

@Robert thank you for sharing. Once you've finished, could you share how and where you fixed the TPMS receiver/antenna please? Also were you able to source item B, the casing for the TPMS receiver?
I think I am pedantic but not to that extent. I don't have "B" bracket and I am not going to bother getting one.
My receiver/antenna is cable tied neatly to vehicle under body right "in front" of my spare wheel.

Mine came with a holder , i think it is the same one Paul listed here

capture-png.63009

20200330_162250_2.jpg

Remember it doesn’t belong on a T6 so that bracket will be for whatever vehicle I selected to get the module part number (probably a Passat ?? )

Mine just came with the bracket, it has two studs on the back of it . Maybe its just a push fits into a of pre-done holes on the chassis rail for the vehicle it is intended for :unsure:

No, you don't have to note or program sensors/serial numbers or anything like that.

This DIRECT TPMS is equipped with so called auto-location function.
Basically speaking the receiver, as it is located in between rear wheels, is able to determine which 2 wheel sensors are installed on the front and which are on the rear axle.
This is done by the differentiation of sensor transmission signal strength.
Rear wheels will obviously have stronger signal and front ones weaker.
And then left and right sides are distinguished by the different direction of rotation:)

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
More details in attached PDF.
It would be so cool to display tyre temperature and acceleration as well as the pressure:cool:.

Attachments

• Midline_Tyre_Pressure_Monitoring_System.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 129
I almost forgot to mention :sleep:
There is no coding in the 65 (DTPMS) at all:whistle: (only few adaptation channels but no need to mess with them).
Once the hardware installation is completed you only need to tick 65 in CAN GW(19) INSTALLATION LIST, that's it;)

EDIT:
The rest of "configuration" is available from the instrument cluster menu and MFSW buttons;)

And last thing for tonight(hopefully:p).
A lot of people who sell this DTPMS are capable to upload for you the correct tyre sizes and pressure setting.
So my suggestion is to contact the seller even before the purchase(or at least before dispatch) and give them your tyre/ pressure settings;)
This is my driver's door sticker for tyre sizes and pressures.

View attachment 62921

Plus my current VW Amarok wheels 275/40/19 :whistle:

Last edited:
Another thought to share came to my mind now, sorry:whistle:
Once the hardware installation and software configuration was completed I went for a test drive.
I had to cover approximately 300 - 400 meters to get all 4 pressure readings in my IC for the first time.
They were appearing in random sequence and with good few seconds gaps in between.

Pressure units are also selectable from my IC menu, see below.
Out of curiosity - do the "kPa" show correctly on the actual tyre pressure display of your IC.
My IC is a more primitive one - I can select the "kPa" but they still remain in "bar" :cry: - psi works ok.
1586503424084.png

Out of curiosity - do the "kPa" show correctly on the actual tyre pressure display of your IC.
My IC is a more primitive one - I can select the "kPa" but they still remain in "bar" :cry: - psi works ok.
View attachment 65499
Just double checked this and mine is also primitive enough cause it behaves exactly the same way as yours.
PSI and BAR work no problem but selecting KPA results in displaying BAR instead.

On another note the system displays currently selected unit(bar or psi) in the very centre of "Vehicle status " IC page.
Once the vehicle starts to move and all pressures are read this "unit" changes to "OK". See below ;)

Last edited:
Back