CRS Performance new KW Coilovers.... Review

I used to have Bumper stickers made in my younger days , here are just a few of my favs

"He who dies with the most toys WINS "
" If its got t_ts or wheels it will give you shit "
And my personal favourite
" Fighting for peace is like F--king for Virginity "

As this original thread was about KW coil over kits i thought i would give you an update .

These kits are proving to be worthy of a much higher price , but as we want to sell lots of them we are keeping the price low.
The Kit is a CRS Private label item and sold exclusively to Us , Its based on a KW ST X kit which has the same shocks that VW sell as Eibach for £1700 . Its also the same performance as the KW V1 but isnt stainless steel . Our units come with the Black springs and the front struts also use a Helper spring . The helpers dont really do a great deal but they do make adjustment very easy as the weight on the adjuster ring is very light once the helper starts to recoil .

The ride is amazing and even close to the kits limit ( 65 mm ) the handling and general feel is great , . We also supply adjuster delete kits for the Light vans that cant get down to the 65 mm drop . The rear spring is really well designed it doesn't go coil bound like some of the big name kits do and this will stop springs breaking .

We have a Trade supply option for dealers wanting to buy these kits and we can supply next day delivery . KW delivery on the sister kit to this can be 3 to 5 weeks which is frustrating for impatient customers !
Give us a call if you are interested in these kits or need more technical knowledge we are trying to keep 30 sets at least in stock but the are selling really well and we have to plan production because this quantity of kits is also on a 8 week delivery cycle .

Lots of research (and headaches) has brought me here and reading lots of posts where @CRS Performance freely gives useful advice has been refreshing.

I have a 2016 T30 140 DSG Kombi (not full conversion) and had Cobra -55mm lowering springs which were hideous. Harsh, crashy and banging over pot holes (I do try to avoid them but sometimes you can’t) I have now removed them, put them in the skip and am back on stock suspension.

So, opportunity to buy again and this time I want to get some decent suspension and lower the van around the same 55mm (maybe a little more but not slammed) with 19s and 245/45 tyres. Not interested in 300 quid coilovers and can’t stretch to B14s/SoLow/Komforts so these seem to come somewhere in between.

How much is the ST-X kit supply only please? I’m in Essex so no chance to travel anywhere to have them fitted.

Any photos of vans on 19s with these fitted please?

How does the ST-X kit differ from the H&R/Koni setup? Can you use -50mm H&R springs with the Konis?

Just in case I’ve caused any confusion (on another thread).... the setup I had fitted by Steve and his team was the H&R Coilover kit, which as I understand uses Koni dampers.... hence the H&R/Koni label. You can definitely use H&R lowering springs with a set of Koni dampers, but obviously Steve will be along to give you his expert knowledge and advice :thumbsup:

Lots of research (and headaches) has brought me here and reading lots of posts where @CRS Performance freely gives useful advice has been refreshing.

I have a 2016 T30 140 DSG Kombi (not full conversion) and had Cobra -55mm lowering springs which were hideous. Harsh, crashy and banging over pot holes (I do try to avoid them but sometimes you can’t) I have now removed them, put them in the skip and am back on stock suspension.

So, opportunity to buy again and this time I want to get some decent suspension and lower the van around the same 55mm (maybe a little more but not slammed) with 19s and 245/45 tyres. Not interested in 300 quid coilovers and can’t stretch to B14s/SoLow/Komforts so these seem to come somewhere in between.

How much is the ST-X kit supply only please? I’m in Essex so no chance to travel anywhere to have them fitted.

How does the ST-X kit differ from the H&R/Koni setup? Can you use -50mm H&R springs with the Konis?
HI there , Rest assured the KW ST/X kit is every bit as good and in my opinion BETTER than the Bilstein B14 offerings which are in my Humble opinion poorly engineered and crossly over priced . Remember the KW dampers ( in our kit ) are the same dampers VW use in their Eibach coil over and that sells at 1700 pounds in the VW showrooms .
The differences between the H&R /KONI kit and the KW are:-
KW 35 to 65 Mm drops , H&R 50 to 80 mm
The KW is height adjustable and the H&R kit is Height and Damping adjustable for more fine tuning .

Both these kits have shortened Bodies and more importantly shorter shafts ( issue on B14 shafts are too long for big drops ) . They come with new Bump stops and Dust covers where the bilstein kits use the standard parts which again are too long ( bump stops)
I can send you a quote to ship the goods to you and we offer full telephone support to assist with fitting for the DIY customers

I am not connected to @CRS Performance other than having used them on my van. I would suggest you give them a call.

I had the kw kit fitted at CRS yesterday, I’ve done approximately 250 miles already, the van feels more planted on the motorway , has less brake dive on the front end and the rear end doesn’t drop as you accelerate away from a standstill, the van takes the fast country roads where you have swift opposite direction changes. I’ve got from a 35mm lift kit from a previous owner to a 50mm drop, so around 85mm drop from when I arrived at CRS, the ride is firmer but not crashy or uncomfortable. I really recommend them for any transporter suspension work, Steve is very knowledgeable and went through all the options with me and answered any questions. A big thumbs up from me

Back