Thank you everyone, So from reading the above, it appears that B14s are the most popular choice and offer an improved stance and ride.
Regarding the spacers, I am right to assume they are washer type things placed between the wheel and the hub ?
And would/could it have any effect on my VW Warranty if I have the van lowered?

Thank you everyone for your advice. I appreciate not everyone agrees with lowering but I believe its down to person choice.

Thank you everyone, So from reading the above, it appears that B14s are the most popular choice and offer an improved stance and ride.
Regarding the spacers, I am right to assume they are washer type things placed between the wheel and the hub ?
And would/could it have any effect on my VW Warranty if I have the van lowered?

Thank you everyone for your advice. I appreciate not everyone agrees with lowering but I believe its down to person choice.
Yes the wheel spacers are the aluminium disks that sit between the wheel and the brake disk hub.
If you have the van lowered (by anything other than the 30mm Eibach - as this is what VW provide) you 'could' have warranty issues. However, it's not the end of the world. VW will always say NO it's been modified, however they have to prove that what you have done has caused the issue. For example, lowering the suspension is not going to cause an issue to the catalytic converter if that were to break, so they could not cite the suspension as being the cause of the failure. (Unless it's sooooooo lowwwwww, that you are dragging the exhaust on the tarmac).

That sounds like a really small difference but it looks bang on! So did you have to get longer wheel bolts for them, I assume that esp 15mm ones wouldn't have enough thickness to have separate bolts holding them to the wheel? If so have you found locking wheel bolts long enough?

Yeah for the fronts. I got them on eBay. 19mm hex head bolts which are 48mm long thread so I can use my factory cover caps.

Item number 371480896286.

I never used locking bolts

Thanks guys really useful info as usual, still undecided on the size of spacers though. In my head for some reason I don't want to go down the long wheel bolt route.

When I got my 25mm spacers I tried them on one side of the van and the fronts set out to much for my liking. Even with the 15mm on at min which suit better I've noticed now that the van get dirty much quicker cos the front wheel sits out by front mud flap. The backs sit flush with the rear mud flaps.

IMG_1637.PNG

IMG_1636.PNG

Drivers side has 25mm rear and 15mm on front

Passengers side has 25mm rear and front has nothing.

Drivers side has 25mm rear and 15mm on front

Passengers side has 25mm rear and front has nothing.

Do you mind me asking why the front passenger side doesn't have a spacer?

Also...

We were parked near a caravelle today. Are these factory lowered and if so does any one know by how much?

Last edited:
Do you mind me asking why the front passenger side doesn't have a spacer?

Also...

We were parked near a caravelle today. Are these factory lowered and if so does any one know by how much?

Hi. I only put on one side to see what it was like.

I think caravelle come 20mm lowered as standard.

I think I've seen this van on Instagram this week, recognise the wheels!

I need B14s so bad! Just need someone close to Southampton that don't mind me sitting around while the works done. Got some other bits to do first mind so no rush!

We supply courtesy vehicles, whilst we carry out the work, if that helps?

I had a courtesy car and it was a VW. I drove over 3 hours as Oli and the team at Bognor came highly recommended and I second that!

When I got my 25mm spacers I tried them on one side of the van and the fronts set out to much for my liking. Even with the 15mm on at min which suit better I've noticed now that the van get dirty much quicker cos the front wheel sits out by front mud flap. The backs sit flush with the rear mud flaps.

Are you still happy with 25mm rear and 15mm front. I'm about to order the same.

Are you still happy with 25mm rear and 15mm front. I'm about to order the same.

Hi. Yes I am very happy with my setup.

It suits the van perfect & it is needed if you are lowering cause the wheels will sit in even more.

Hi. Yes I am very happy with my setup.

It suits the van perfect & it is needed if you are lowering cause the wheels will sit in even more.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll book it in and post a pic once done.

Back