Center exhaust scraping on certain speed bumps

dErZ

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've got a T6 LWB shuttle running 18" Amaroks on Solow suspension (running at the top so 100mm) its embarassing when I drive to work as theres 2 large long speed humps that kiss the center exhaust box. I've checked and its on the hangers which dont look bent.

Has anyone swapped this out for a straight pipe? or done anything funky to resolve the rubbing?

Has anyone installed the non resonated one, if so is it any noisier ? (I dont want droning etc)

NonResonated.JPG

Resonated.JPG

I have the Milltek system on my LWB TSI.

Originally I had the resonated system which is supposed to be quiet but it was anything but. The booming below 2k RPM was embarrassing and the DSG farts were horrendous.

Basically if you value your neighbors don't bother.

I contacted Milltek who pointed out that the T6 system is only partially resonated so I took it apart to look and yes the centre box tube is only drilled half way down. I then had to buy another fully resonated box from them that was full drilled which has calmed it down. This has cost be almost 1k now so I could have had a much better custom exhaust made for the money.

The system itself is also designed for a T5 so the hangers face the other way. This means that the heatshields cannot be installed unless modified. I now find that the heat is melting the rubber which stinks.

Quality is poor which is disappointing as I have their systems on other cars and have always been very happy.

I wouldn't buy another.

Mat

Back