The only way that doesn't need to take wheel and tyre size into account is from the centre of the wheel. The measurement is typically from the wheel centre to the edge of the arch, directly above. A tape measure should be accurate enough.
Cheers was just thinking to get accurate in mm, you would need some sort of mark

Cheers was just thinking to get accurate in mm, you would need some sort of mark
No worries, I wasn't sure quite which part you were asking about!
I would think that for the purpose of a comparison (assuming that you have the same diameter wheels all round) any distinct point on the wheel would suffice. The edge of the centre cap for example or even the outer edge of the wheel rim, if it's below the arch...
If wanting to achieve an exact ride height then the centre is the only directly comparable point but this can obviously still be calculated from the rim edge plus half the diameter.

so im hi jacking this thread lol
just had a chat with a m8 about awings and im now worried my awning will be too high since i got my solows fitted, looking at pictures from last summer, where i attach to rail is defo gonna sloap downwards, can anyone advise or tell me how they dealt with this? new low awning?

Back