Campervan meal ideas please

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
We are away for a week shortly in The lake district, it will be a mix of eating out and cooking meals at the van. When we cook meals at the van we always seem to have the same though..pie and peas / bbq / pizza on the cadac.
What are other forum members cooking ? Were after some inspration for some diffetent meals please.

Fresh pasta and Carbona sauce with added bacon and mushroom

Frittata, precooked potatoes and gruyere cheese, leek, tomato and mushrooms and onion

Thai red curry kit, canned coconut milk, pre cooked chicken onion and pepper
tinned potatoes fried with onions, mushrooms and steak
steak/lamb fried with onions in a pita bread with mayo and horseradish/ rocket salad
fry Onions, add precooked rice, tinned tomatoes chicken stock cube
supermarket curry warmed up with nan bread on the pizza stone

I’d say you can cook almost anything that you’d normally cook at home with the right pans, using a double skillet as an oven. Welcome to the Double Skillet Pan Company
I found to reduce water consumption while wild camping it’s best to wipe dirty pans with paper before washing and avoid fatty meat.
If we are away for just a few days I would probably pre-cook a few things and put in the fridge to reduce preparation and time required, otherwise on longer trips it’s just a case of a bit more planning and doing the messy stuff outside.

Have you read our meals ready to eat topic?

Make Calzone in a Ridge Monkey.... awesomeness, and only the ridge monkey to wash up!

Pasta and a homemade Bolognese is easy and smug inducing.

As a last resort a tin of beef something/chilli with a tin of peas... one pan, easy when wild camping and may be moved on at any moment!!

If you have any form of dried pot food you should hang your head in shame and allow the family to hit you around the head with a rolled up newspaper :D

Have you read our meals ready to eat topic?
I did read that but i thought that it takes the fun out of making something.

I’d say you can cook almost anything that you’d normally cook at home with the right pans, using a double skillet as an oven. Welcome to the Double Skillet Pan Company
I found to reduce water consumption while wild camping it’s best to wipe dirty pans with paper before washing and avoid fatty meat.
If we are away for just a few days I would probably pre-cook a few things and put in the fridge to reduce preparation and time required, otherwise on longer trips it’s just a case of a bit more planning and doing the messy stuff outside.
that looks like a good piece of kit, looks like you can cook all sorts in it. I think I need to make a purchase

If you’ve got one of these worlds your oyster :)
Pre cook whatever tickles your fancy (if it’s quite wet then best to freeze before sealing) seal it, perfect boil in the bag food that’s not full of processed crap!

If you’ve got one of these worlds your oyster :)
Pre cook whatever tickles your fancy (if it’s quite wet then best to freeze before sealing) seal it, perfect boil in the bag food that’s not full of processed crap!
Another great bit of kit

We do a lot on the bbq.

lunch favourite is currently chicken skewers in Greek breads with hummus.

for dinner it can be a wide range of things. Spatchcock chicken is good because it can be refrigerated for later meals. Steaks, burgers, sausages etc.

chillis, curries etc on the camping stove, we also do things like little fried/roasted potatoes, chopped peppers cooked in wine, butter and garlic.

tbh, if you have a bbq and a stove (I have a campingaz party grill) you can cook as much as you would at home.

we also occasionally take the pizza oven and some frozen dough and make fresh pizza. Pizza oven is one of those Aldi efforts.

Back