Campervan meal ideas please

Which site in York did you stay at ?
We managed to get on the CC&M site on Terry Avenue, Rowntree Park. Just don't need the van once parked up, long walks with the dog and a stroll around the city. They are usually fully booked but we got a vacancy at short notice. Toilet and shower facilities are a bit of a faff, they are using a rubber wrist band and only 4 in at any one time.

We managed to get on the CC&M site on Terry Avenue, Rowntree Park. Just don't need the van once parked up, long walks with the dog and a stroll around the city. They are usually fully booked but we got a vacancy at short notice. Toilet and shower facilities are a bit of a faff, they are using a rubber wrist band and only 4 in at any one time.
every time we try that site it is always full up :(

Out of interest, is there enough space in the sink and water in the tank to wash up afterwards in the van? Or do you need to use the camp site washing facilities?

Out of interest, is there enough space in the sink and water in the tank to wash up afterwards in the van? Or do you need to use the camp site washing facilities?
Its a full camper conversion, we never use the sink though, I dont see the point when we can use the camp site washing facilities

Get some nice tasty, spicy sausages - skin them and break up sausage meat into bitesize pieces.
Shallow fry with onions to brown the sausage meat, and anything else you fancy - courgette, peppers
add a good quality jar of tomato and oregano sauce (or any you fancy)
simmer for 15 - 20 mins
add to pasta of your choice - parmesan or cheese of choice sprinkled.
Crusty bread
:grin bounce:

In the weeks leading up to a trip, I pack two portions of leftovers of whatever we’ve had into Chinese takeaway containers and freeze. For our week’s holiday this year we had meatballs in tomato sauce, satay chicken and paprika pork which stayed frozen for as long as needed in the small freezer compartment in the fridge. Then all that is needed is to cook the carbs - so one pan for rice or spag, and another pan to reheat the defrosted meal. Very easy. We eat out or have a takeaway the other nights. We’re getting an oven/grill in our new van. Having thought I’d never use one, I’m a complete convert to having one now and I’m quite excited about the options it‘ll give us.

Reactions: CAB
After many years of camping, now campervanning, I’ve developed a bit of a system for washing up - it may seem a step too far for some but I like to rinse my dishes after washing them. I have two standard size washing up bowls the same size so they nest inside each other plus a dish drainer thing. I wipe the dishes first with a paper towel to get off most of what’s on them to keep the dishwater cleaner for longer. One bowl has hot soapy water (from the kettle for the hot water with cold water from our 10l water container or nearby tap if there’s one handy), second bowl has clean cold water in it. Wash the dishes, dunk into the rinse water, drain the dishes, done. I have this arrangement set up on a table outside when possible, but it can be set up inside if the weather is bad. I’m not opposed to using campsite facilities if they are handy but sometimes they can be a bit of a walk away or busy so this works well for us. For cleaner dishes eg, mugs and sandwich plates, just a bowl of hot soapy water then a rinse in the sink works fine.

Back