Heat To Eat Ready Meal Reviews

Top tips, thanks guys. I’ll definitely use the Ridge Monkey in the van but so far I’ve only cooked them at home on an induction hob so unable to use the RM.

Think I’ll save the wine for me rather than the pan though…;)

So, these Lidl rostis - what’s the best way to cook them? I’ve tried just putting it in a pan but they fall apart when turning it over. I’ve tried breaking it up but then it’s not a rosti like I know. Either way they take forever to take on some colour and start browning and seem to need something to bind them together. What’s the secret please?
I break it up, stir and turn. Thoroughly heat it through and starts to turn brown at the edges. Then the last few minutes flatten and cook both sides with a nice crispy base. 2 eggs on top (Austrian & Italian style) and away ya go!

However it is a minimum of a 20 minute process despite what the pack says.

Reactions: CAB
Just started to use prep kitchen - have a busy few weeks planned and seemed a better idea than takeaways. All really nice so far and a great alternative to cooking. would also be good in the van, if you have a microwave...

I break it up, stir and turn. Thoroughly heat it through and starts to turn brown at the edges. Then the last few minutes flatten and cook both sides with a nice crispy base. 2 eggs on top (Austrian & Italian style) and away ya go!

However it is a minimum of a 20 minute process despite what the pack says.
Awesome, thanks. I’ve ended up breaking them up too so they actually cook. Adding the egg will help bind them together as well as being tasty. Ta.

So, these Lidl rostis - what’s the best way to cook them? I’ve tried just putting it in a pan but they fall apart when turning it over. I’ve tried breaking it up but then it’s not a rosti like I know. Either way they take forever to take on some colour and start browning and seem to need something to bind them together. What’s the secret please?
I cooked them in a pan and they were awful,I threw them all away

Try other stores, my local one had none at all (even on day one), next nearest had loads of classic but only 4 Berner, another store a bit further away had boxes of Berner Style but no Classic???

Try other stores, my local one had none at all (even on day one), next nearest had loads of classic but only 4 Berner, another store a bit further away had boxes of Berner Style but no Classic???
Great minds think alike @Grim Reaper - I went to another store yesterday and purchased 10 packs of Berner style. Paired with a couple of packs of Nescafe latte etc. sachets I think we've upped up camping game!

IMG_1626.jpegIMG_1627.jpeg

I’ve stopped buying these - been watching too much media on ‘ultra processed’ foods!

• Sad
Tried one today and quite happy, although do wonder if the manufacturer has something against us Brits. We're told to cook for 12-15 minutes whereas all other languages told 5-7 minutes!

IMG_1630.jpeg

• Haha
Back