Campsite Cooking - - How I done it - -

what are your outdoor cooking / camping / pitch up cooking solutions . . . . . . ?

share them with us below:

****************************************************************************************

other options . . . .

I love Weber,

and have been drooling over the Weber Q for years . . . . . but its got a Premium price . . .

this is an example of the Q2200

View attachment 76728View attachment 76729View attachment 76730View attachment 76731
We have this model, it's fantastic. We sourced a grill plate from Germany for one side as couldn't get it in the UK.

The LotusGrill is the best camping barbecue I have ever bought/used. Runs on a very small amount of charcoal and you can be cooking in 5 mins. You can pick the barbecue up when it is lit, great if it starts lashing it down. Very pleased. I have bought a Cadac Safari Chef in the past and I thought it was rubbish (mainly due to the "not" non-stick coating). However I am told that the larger Cadac's are better.

The LotusGrill is the best camping barbecue I have ever bought/used. Runs on a very small amount of charcoal and you can be cooking in 5 mins. You can pick the barbecue up when it is lit, great if it starts lashing it down. Very pleased. I have bought a Cadac Safari Chef in the past and I thought it was rubbish (mainly due to the "not" non-stick coating). However I am told that the larger Cadac's are better.
Lotus grill looks good..may have to try one of these.

I have got the 340. I think the new LotusGrill’s are USB. Mine has 4 AA batteries (which last ages). For those who do not know the LotusGrill has a fan which draws air through the charcoal. The fan speed is adjustable which means you can adjust the temperature.

I’ve had the big Lotus Grill for a couple of years, really good product and simple to use.

Aldi or someone did a knock-off version for £40 or something similar and it appeared identical, but I doubt it will be as long lasting.

I've got a Lotus Grill not really used it in anger yet. I've also got the Pizza attachment, again not used and still in the box!

I've got a Lotus Grill not really used it in anger yet. I've also got the Pizza attachment, again not used and still in the box!
Yes, I got the pizza stone just recently as it was going cheap on Amazon. Not used yet either.

I’ve got a dumb question if someone is able to help…. I’m in the process of getting an underslung lpg tank fitted which comes with a BBQ connection point. Would I need to get the high or low pressure gas version of a Cadac to use with this? I’m thinking LP but I’ve not found anything to confirm that. Also are there additional connectors I’ll need to use a Safari Chef 2 with the connection point? Thanks

I’ve got a dumb question if someone is able to help…. I’m in the process of getting an underslung lpg tank fitted which comes with a BBQ connection point. Would I need to get the high or low pressure gas version of a Cadac to use with this? I’m thinking LP but I’ve not found anything to confirm that. Also are there additional connectors I’ll need to use a Safari Chef 2 with the connection point? Thanks
You'll need the low pressure version. The bbq point under the van should be fitted with a quick release valve already, so all you are likely to need is the male version of the QR valve to go on the other end of the hose that connects to the bbq.

The supplied pipe with the cadac may be a bit short though. I changed mine for a 3m hose so i had more flex on where to use the bbq

You'll need the low pressure version. The bbq point under the van should be fitted with a quick release valve already, so all you are likely to need is the male version of the QR valve to go on the other end of the hose that connects to the bbq.

The supplied pipe with the cadac may be a bit short though. I changed mine for a 3m hose so i had more flex on where to use the bbq
This is perfect, thank you!

Does anyone know if the cadac safari chef paella pan works on an induction hob
Web site states works on electric hobs but sometimes that does not include induction
Thanks

Does anyone know if the cadac safari chef paella pan works on an induction hob
Web site states works on electric hobs but sometimes that does not include induction
Thanks
It’s aluminium so won’t work on induction

ding ding round #2

were back again . . . . camping and cooking in 2022.

I've added to my CADAC Cook Range. . . . .

for those medium stays . . . . . .

when its a shorter stay than the Full Gourmet Combo

and longer stay than the single burners . . .

its CADAC 2-COOK 2 Pro - QR time . . ( the new 2022 model now comes with a quick release connector )

the main thread is on the Camping Tips thread - Camping Ideas and Tips

++++

1654708585857.png

1654708559069.png

1654708566996.png

+++

i also went for the CADAC dual power pak qr

the Quick Release version of the Dual Pak

ayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2FTKcAAOSwXhFiOfYa%2Fs-l400.jpg

++++

i also got a standard regulator for the 5kg gas bottle, and some hose, plus a couple of QR gas ends . .

so now i can have any combo setup for quick release . .

+++

we gave the unit a good test out at camp just recently. . .

1654708674834.png

the post stands are great . . .

1654708702097.png

we mainly used the dual pak to run it. . .

1654708743782.png

we also made up a QR extension hose . . . . so we could place the gas cans remotly.

we even cooked up a big chilly and rice . . .

1654708842470.png

as well as the regialr bacon and sausages. . . . . we even managed to cook toast on the flat plate wich was nice. . .

1654708919118.png
1654708942277.png

eggs were no problem . . .

1654708970874.png

. . .

the only thing i wasn't to keen on was cleaning the griddles plate. . . .

i know its a bit of a non -issue.

but the flat plate washed up so easy . . . . . just a quick wipe over in the washing bowl and done . .

but that grill plate took a bit of work...

so easy fix. . . .

just get a second flat plate. . .

here it is:

it come in a box, which was nice . .

but also had a nice carry bag which i wasnt expecting. . .

1654709107403.png

now we have two flat plates ,. . . . happy days.

1654709172075.png

ill keep the grill plate in the kit . . . . stored in that bag we just got. . .

1654709205491.png

1654708809083.png

JET BOIL

Boil water fast !!!!! - But not that much water . . . . :whistle:

we love our jet boil . . . . . and its been great.

1654709583340.png

1654709625594.png

though we did bump into a limitation last weekend camping. . . .

camping out with the FamaLam we regularly need to make 8-10 cups of tea and coffee. . .

1654709824269.png

even though the Jetboil was fast. . . . . it was more efficent to just boil a larger kettle and make loads of teas at once. . .

lucky enough the CADAC + Pot Stand + Kettle worked well.

1654709787618.png

1654709954525.png

1654709990876.png

Hi, I've just realised that my Cadac came with a quick release attachment as well as the threaded one. However the hose that comes from the gas bottles does not.

SO if I want to convert, is it basically cut off the original attachment from the hose and push the quick release adaptor into the end?

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 07.08.05.png

Back