Campervan meal ideas please

with the weather changing its nearly time to do all the cooking in the van, has anyone got any clever ideas for warming pies up on the hob in the van ? you can't beat pie and peas ;)

We do a lot on the bbq.

lunch favourite is currently chicken skewers in Greek breads with hummus.

for dinner it can be a wide range of things. Spatchcock chicken is good because it can be refrigerated for later meals. Steaks, burgers, sausages etc.

chillis, curries etc on the camping stove, we also do things like little fried/roasted potatoes, chopped peppers cooked in wine, butter and garlic.

tbh, if you have a bbq and a stove (I have a campingaz party grill) you can cook as much as you would at home.

we also occasionally take the pizza oven and some frozen dough and make fresh pizza. Pizza oven is one of those Aldi efforts.
great ideas, we have a cadac grillo chef with the pizza stone . Its a good bit of kit but as the weather is changing we'll be leaving that at home and cooking on the hobs in the van

Yeah but in some parts of the North they also think Greggs is a health food shop (says the man who grew up in South London but was born a Manc);).

My Meat free offering. ....

Slice new potatoes and courgette in large pan with veg spray oil...cook till caramelised on both sides. Add chopped onion and mushroom ( large open cup and small cup ) add quartered tomatoes..can also add diced aubergine...keep turning until mushrooms start to wilt then add a tin of ratatouille and water ( to help the caramelised covering on the pan mix )
cover....and allow the colour to change ( like this.....) check that the veg is to your liking

All in one pan...add seasoning to your taste..... Enjoy

ps ,,if you want to spoil it add a steak

edit ... All dry food and on a short trip does need refrigeration
5111843A-1351-4D1D-AB48-68AB0DF1C98C.jpeg

Meat too here but as a victim of an attempted veggie coup by the wife those very attractive bowls of veggie stew could have some fried cubes of squeaky cheese added... halloumi ftw!

I'm a loner so it's just a simple meal for me, an easy one is a couple of sweetcorn cobs, shallow boil for 15 mins then drain and butter - quick, easy and tasty :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a loner so it's just a simple meal for me, an easy one is a couple of sweetcorn cobs, shallow boil for 15 mins then drain and butter - quick, easy and tasty :)

15 mins !!!!! 6 max here.:cool:

Pete

Just had three nights at York where we eat out at night but for breakfast, two slices of bread with either cheese and tomato or corndog and onion, pop in the ridgemonkey or use snack pockets and pop in the toaster if you have an electric hookup. Done in minutes and re the snack pockets no washing up.

Just had three nights at York where we eat out at night but for breakfast, two slices of bread with either cheese and tomato or corndog and onion, pop in the ridgemonkey or use snack pockets and pop in the toaster if you have an electric hookup. Done in minutes and re the snack pockets no washing up.
Which site in York did you stay at ?

Back