Heat To Eat Ready Meal Reviews

Yeah but then you'd have to keep potatoes in the van, and change them out every few weeks when they started sprouting, until the time 2 years in the future when you really need something to eat because the ferry didn't turn up and you're stuck on the docks in the middle of nowhere with no place to go to buy something.... Who are you really? Lloyd Grossman? Heston Blumenthal? The reincarnation of Keith Floyd?

They might be almost as bad for you as the Grumpy Flakes that @DXX had for his breakfast this morning ;). Like a lot other things, you don't eat it every day - moderation is the watchword.

Didn't have any in my local Lidl, will try further afield.

#2 child has worked his way through the emergency stash of rosti’s. If anyone spots them in Lidl let us know!

I do find the bacon & cheese ones very slightly salty - the plain potato ones are quite good. As @Grim Reaper says, as your weekend away / emergency back up plan they are ideal.

Looks like we’ll be making them from scratch next time they are needed!

I'm on my way... Strange that the ad only mentioned Berner style but you appear to have the plain as well? Any Emmental versions?

Didn't see any cheese ones, just plain and smoked ham.
Stocked up and ready for the off tomorrow to Cornwall.

Well damn! Two branches, no Berner style! Plain only??
How big is your store? Both here only had like 3 boxes in stock?

The plain ones I did get have a May 2025 use by date on them, so they'll go to the back of the stash.

So, these Lidl rostis - what’s the best way to cook them? I’ve tried just putting it in a pan but they fall apart when turning it over. I’ve tried breaking it up but then it’s not a rosti like I know. Either way they take forever to take on some colour and start browning and seem to need something to bind them together. What’s the secret please?

So, these Lidl rostis - what’s the best way to cook them? I’ve tried just putting it in a pan but they fall apart when turning it over. I’ve tried breaking it up but then it’s not a rosti like I know. Either way they take forever to take on some colour and start browning and seem to need something to bind them together. What’s the secret please?
I found the same, I dried it out on kitchen roll to start as there's too much moisture in it. Then a bloody hot pan to start with, wait for it to crisp before flipping/turning.

Back