Brake disc and pad upgrade options

looking for the next upgrade! I already have the larger brakes on my t30 4motion and was wondering what people have done about discs and pads, Not to keen on sticking with VW ones as they seem to discharge a lot of brake dust.
any reviews welcome

looking for the next upgrade! I already have the larger brakes on my t30 4motion and was wondering what people have done about discs and pads, Not to keen on sticking with VW ones as they seem to discharge a lot of brake dust.
any reviews welcome
That's specific to the pad compound, some pads create more dust than others, just remember, like tyres, the ones that emit little dust and wear longer might not give the best braking. Some wheels show brake dust far worse than others.
A T30 braking system was designed to stop the van and its contents which might be over 900KG, so unless you are loading it up to somewhere near its limit, those brakes should be effective enough. My T30 4Motion with the smaller discs stops with very little pressure on the pedal, but I rarely carry much weight.
Brake upgrades for aesthetic reasons are another subject!

Hi @Fromow ..I’ve a T32 with big brakes....my story starts in yesteryear when Abs was new ...a company called EBC made brake pads and so on that helped reduce brake dust due to the compound in the material.....so when I had my Koni upgrade recently they also fitted EBC yellow pads ...it’s not the brake units that cause the dust it’s the cheap compound in the pads :)
Ps Great improvement ;)

I’m not unhappy with the brake performance it’s actually quite good! It’s as and when they need replacing what to replace them with and if can eliminate some brake dust all the better.

Cant stand dirty wheels....Just brought some Wheel armour (like ceramic coating) supposedly helps deduce dust sticking and make cleaning easier....but how far do you go to keep the van clean....Sunday cleaning takes all day:eek:

Can anyone recommend a grooved front disc for my 2018 204ps T32. Looking for a bit more bite on the brakes without going for the full on big brake upgrade?
Also EBC yellow pads seem to be the pad of choice, is this correct?

You know what I’m going to recommend ;-)

(And for very good reason)

Revo/Alcon 380mm BBK :cool:
It’s the natural choice I agree @BognorMotors although my wallet begs to differ right now.
In the short term there surely is another option that you can recommend?

@Texxaco - have you and your wallet ever agreed about anything?!! I think my van knows my PIN number as things get bought even when my wallet isn’t nearby!
My wallet is under lock and key, way too much spent on Floyd although every now and then it escapes and goes mad. You gotta love it though!

I have been forced to produce a budget for the year that includes the agreed big van purchases. :( (secret PayPal slush fund for everything else :) )

Last edited:
My wallet is under lock and key, way too much spent on Floyd although every now and then it escapes and goes mad. You gotta love it though!
Gotta love SWMBO more like - she holds the keys! (Well, I think they’re keys!!!)

Hi all,

this may have been covered but I’m going to ask.

Apart from the big brake kit Are there drilled and slotted discs that just fit on a T32 150ps as I already have the bigger brakes but want those sweet looking discs? And obviously some decent pads to go with them?

secondly.. is there anything I can do to get a bigger rear set..it’s playing havoc with my OCD! Massive brakes on the front and these tiny things on the back.. I know I know they don’t need to be big on the back.

TIA
Can anyone recommend a grooved front disc for my 2018 204ps T32. Looking for a bit more bite on the brakes without going for the full on big brake upgrade?
Also EBC yellow pads seem to be the pad of choice, is this correct?

I've only used these before on a MK2 Golf, but they also do a set for a 340mm big brake T6:

1616021549591.png

I’d have no hesitation using Brembo discs from somewhere like EuroCarParts who always seem to have discount codes. Just checked out the website and two 308mm vented discs with discount applied £120. I’d get the matching brembo pads. Pagid also a known brand (make a lot of racing brake pads)

Ian

Back