Brake disc and pad upgrade options

Can anyone recommend a front pad that doesn't create as much dust as OEM?
There’s some discussion on that here:
In short, both EBC Green and TRW Cotec were recommended

Thanks. I'd seen that, but was hoping for something a bit more definitive a few years down the line.

Looking for EBC yellow stuff pads but unsure which callipers I have on my 2018 T32. This is the big caliper brake version.
Can anyone shed some light please?

Looking for EBC yellow stuff pads but unsure which callipers I have on my 2018 T32. This is the big caliper brake version.
The large disc is 340mm, it fills a Devonport wheel. Generally fitted on BiTurbo models.

Have you ever used the yellow stuff? I found them a bit scary, don't really work when cold.

more info here:

Brakes:

Pads:

308mm F Pagid Brake Pad (Front Axle) Product Code: 101441298
340mm F Pagid Pagid Brake Pad (Front Axle)Product Code: 101441868
340mm F Brembo Brembo Brake Pad (Front)Product Code: 10144186A
294mm R Pagid Brake Pad (Rear Axle) Product Code: 101441318
294mm R Brembo Brembo Brake Pad (Rear)Product Code: 10144131A

Discs:
Smaller 308mm Front: Pagid Brake Disc (Front Axle)Product Code: 104441288
larger 340mm front; Pagid Brake Disc (Front Axle)Product Code: 104442118
larger 340mm front Brembo Brembo Brake Disc (Front)Product Code: 10444211A
standard 294mm rears: Pagid Brake Disc (Rear Axle)Product Code: 104441368
standard 294mm rears Brembo Brembo Brake Disc (Rear)Product Code: 10444136A

and here:

how do they pagids compare to genuine vw parts. was quoted £84 for front pads and £62 ish for rear pads at TPS.

how do they pagids compare to genuine vw parts. was quoted £84 for front pads and £62 ish for rear pads at TPS.
I think the genuine VW are pagids, they certainly are for a lot of audis. I was told by a guy from a component company that the pagids that you get at Euro car parts are not the same quality as you get from TPS genuine parts, even though they have the same part number.
Doesn’t make sense but he wasn’t trying to sell me anything, it was casual conversation at a local garage when I was having other work done.

Hi,
The brake pads warning on my T6 (Converted T28 2015 ~46K miles) has just come up and we've never been particularly happy with the braking performance, so it's upgrade time. We run 19" alloys in the summer but also have original stock wheels I was planning on using over winter (~16-17", they've been in storage for 6 months, so not sure). What upgrade would you recommend, I've only owned the van for 6 months so I'm not sure as to the condition of the disks (specifically rounding at the edges). If we could have better braking, but only on the bigger wheels, that wouldn't be the end of the world.

Thanks

Hi james

We have just launched a 4 pot brake kit that will work with 17" wheels and the standard T32 front disc of 340mm - We offer an upgraded disc and upgraded pads - Drop me a DM if you would like more details

Here is a pic with the calliper in the standard Aston Martin colours - But we can custom paint them

5bffb497-961a-4d77-bc3d-9e623981480a.JPG

Hi can any one recommend the best brake pads for a t6 it’s just turned 30k had a look at bk pads they look low so spoke to tps the do economy pack with bots discs pads etc for less then 100 but then they do another range called frontline (I think lol ) witch you have to buy all separately thanks kirk

More Info...

Have I just found the brake deal of the year?

EURO: Pagid rear disk x 2 and rear brake pad set = £192.97
HALFORDS: Pagid rear disk x 2 and rear brake pad set = £71.51 (uncludes a 10% promo: DIY10)

Yes. That's right. A whopping £121 less!
It's so unbelievable I thought I'd picked the wrong parts but I've triple checked the specs on both sites and they tally up.

Halfords must have messed up with their pricing, especially on the disks, so get on this deal pronto, even if you don't need them yet!

Back