Brake disc and pad upgrade options

mhill

Security industry
T6 Guru
Anyone replaced pads yet?

Need to get my pads done, any recommendations on replacement pads?

Hi to all.
I've had my 2010 transporter since new.
I had the rear discs changed at 83000 miles which was the original set.
The van is now sitting at 113000 miles and the garage have said I'll need a new set of discs at the back..
Was wondering if anybody could suggest what discs to fit on the vehicle?

Thanks
Andrew

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to purchase some EBC Green stuff pads for my T6 from Ebay but there are a few different types for the T6. It says I should look at my pads and match the picture? I'd rather not remove my pads just to look at their shape. Can anyone help identify which ones I need?

I've a T30 LWB 150bhp DSG panel van.

Here's the Ebay item I'm thinking might be a match:
EBC Greenstuff Front Brake Pads VW Transporter T6 2.0 Turbo (150HP) (2015 on) | eBay

Thanks in advance for any help!
Adam

Thanks Dellmassive.

The following info might help.

The van log book said it was a T32. I imported the van into Ireland and took it into VW here to confirm when I was getting the Bilsteins (needing a different set if the van was a T32)
When VW punched in my chassis number it came up with 'standard brakes' which means its a T30 (or even a t26, T28, etc.) not a T32.

Would 'standard' brakes mean the 'smaller' brakes?

i would assume so . . . . . but you can double check by comparing the pictures of the small/large on the link above

thanks. Sorry, one final question...
so is that ebay link above for the small or large brakes do you think?

So I just ran out to try measure. A little difficult as I've banded steels and you cant see a lot of the disc but looking through and measuring from the outside, it looks a lot closer to the 308 than the 340.

I need to change the pads on my van soon. When Bognor motors serviced the van they said there was 30% life left and that was 6months ago.

Searching on EuroCarParts with a MID60 discount code, the rear pads are £17.26 a set inc new wear sensors. Thats less than a set of normal pads for a mountain bike. Although they are cheap, I think I'll get a set of OE pads so I can be assured of the quality and not squeel.

Has anyone tried these cheap pads?

I’ve used cheap pads on an Audi once and wasn’t impressed. Bought genuine Audi parts and it felt much more sure footed under braking.

use Brembo much less brake dust , and those at that price will be ika i think , leave them alone

Hi,

has anyone fitted aftermarket (drilled/grooved etc) discs to a T32 4motion? i need to change mine in the next couple months so wondered what options there were over the standard VW ones. Any links would be handy.

Also how easy to change over yourself or is it recommended to get garage to do this?

Thanks

Hi,

has anyone fitted aftermarket (drilled/grooved etc) discs to a T32 4motion? i need to change mine in the next couple months so wondered what options there were over the standard VW ones. Any links would be handy.

Also how easy to change over yourself or is it recommended to get garage to do this?

Thanks

I'm on my 4th set of front discs and 2nd set of rears. I went through a few different manufactures for the fronts, but nothing felt like the original factory set until I used my latest Brembo fronts from EuroCarparts. These have far out-performed Pagid and EBC. I have a tendency to warp front discs faster than wearing them out, but the current Brembos are outlasting all my previous stuff, and as close to factory as I can get.

As for doing the job yourself, it's not difficult with the right kit, but you will need a piston wind back tool for the rears.

Back