Juddering when braking

Bridger8

T6 Pro
Hi All

Am after a bit of advice/experience please!
2018 T6, 48500 miles. It’s juddering a bit when braking from higher speeds, not when <20mph ish to stop, probably more like >40mph to stop.

Spoke to my independent garage, who I trust, he’ll have a look but suggested brake discs could be warping, even if pads ok… given the mileage (think they’re originals), so I’ll have a choice of carrying on to get best use of the pads (live with judder) then change it all… vs change it all now.

Anyone had similar? Not sure if it’s a van thing or just brakes in general!

Thanks
Dan

Hi All

Am after a bit of advice/experience please!
2018 T6, 48500 miles. It’s juddering a bit when braking from higher speeds, not when <20mph ish to stop, probably more like >40mph to stop.

Spoke to my independent garage, who I trust, he’ll have a look but suggested brake discs could be warping, even if pads ok… given the mileage (think they’re originals), so I’ll have a choice of carrying on to get best use of the pads (live with judder) then change it all… vs change it all now.

Anyone had similar? Not sure if it’s a van thing or just brakes in general!

Thanks
Dan
48500 miles is nothing for brake discs, I’m close to 60K on the original discs and pads, I regularly check pad and disc thickness / runout with a micrometer and DTI.
I expect to get about 120K out of the front discs (340mm) and 80K miles out of the rear.
Brake disc runout is max 0.02mm which is very good.
It maybe that you have damaged pads or corrosion on the inner disc face, especially if the van spends long periods not in use.

That behaviour is often warped discs but until they are measured you won’t know for sure.

Pete

Back