NUTEXA - Brake Pad & Disc change - How I Done It -

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
NUTEXA - Brake Pad & Disc change - How I Done It -

Its that time again, Pads and discs on the T6 T32 Sportline . . . . . . and following on from the Dealer Visit, they reported 75% worn fronts. - @Dellmassive`s T6 T32 Sportline 204 LWB DSG PV MY18 - Van Adventure

i thought we would give our Trade members @Nutexa Frictions a go.. . .

Id not heard of Nutexa Frictions before - which is great as i had no expectations in what to expect.

With a front set ordered, 48hrs later they were in my grubby mitts. . .

the set come well packaged enough, . . with a nice sticker on the box, as well as the relevant paperwork.

1706706788892.png

we had a nice "Bedding In Procedure" doc. . .

1706706876895.png

and a nice Thank-you & Socials doc

1706706940320.png

at the top of the box we have the PADS set plus a nice external stickery thing. . . . Nice touch.

1706706996502.png

we have the T32 (204ps) 340mm large disc set. . . so we have the matching 340mm twin pot PADS.

1706707038860.png

i just love the smell of fresh brake-pads in the morning. . .

1706707089767.png

they come with the pre bevelled edges and wear sensor that goes on the passenger side. . .

1706707143192.png

1706707165342.png

they also have the rubbery backing that helps stop vibration and squeal.

very nice . . .

the next box down was the discs . . . . and these BLEW ME AWAY.

They are FRIKIN AWSOME. . . !!!!

we have the Premium Dimpled & Grooved - 340mm

1706708101348.png

that black colour is amazing. . . .

1706708118762.png

vented, grooved, dimpled.

1706708204289.png

just lush. . .

1706708215327.png

as a set these are just amazing , . . . .

they look way better than the last Brembo set i put on before. . .

1706708575954.png

now i cant wait to fit get them fitted. . . . . ill update this thread with the fitting. . .

that last set fitting were here -- Brake Pad & Disc change - How I Done It -

+++++++++++++

lets see what there website says:

they offer VW T6 specific kit . . . .

1706708687446.png

and offer all three size options for the T6 . .

1706708764844.png

they also offer the standard disc replacements. . .

1706708837317.png

they also have all the PAD options. . .

1706708945511.png

+++++++++++++++++++

they even do a super nuts 6pot 350mm Big Brake Kit !!!!

1706709036376.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

special thanks to @Nutexa Frictions @Pauly @Dellmassive - fitting soon, so keep any eye out for that.

@Nutexa Frictions - Russ i need those two T-Shirts in my life. . . . and now also a matching set of rear discs and pads ( to got with these fronts).

1706709182866.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and if all that wasn't enough . . . . . they offer T6Forum VIP members a discount !!! - how cool is that.

they are already approved distributors with:

CRS performance
Dav-tec
Crafted automotive
The van cave

and frequent these events:

CamperMart
CamperJam
Tatton Park VW show
Busfest

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

so to get a quote contact Rus & Jan and tell them all about your T6Forum VIP membership.

@Nutexa Frictions

russ@nutexafrictions.co.uk

sales@nutexafrictions.co.uk

++++

and checkout the website:

++++

Contact Us & Click and collect.

Nutexa Frictions Ltd.
New Hall Lane
Hoylake, Wirral
CH47 4BP
TEL: 0151-632-5903

++++

1706709786765.png

Last edited:
Pleasure to help out Lee & Paul. After 45+ years of stopping HGV’s, Buses and Military Vehicles Worldwide, we’ve learnt a thing or two
Daft question, would replacing the standard discs to a larger disc (and pads) make a lot of difference without upgrading the calipers too? As this is a mod I have been contemplating.

Hi, our discs are like for like so if you had 308mm and wanted 340mm you’d have to upgrade to relevant calipers also.

Ours 308mm, 340mm & 294mm are a carbon steel mix so just upgrading 308mm for 308mm etc would give a better braking performance

I am also Working on a 6 pot cnc’d caliper that will go with our 340mm OE size discs. This is nearly ready and will be on display at CamperMart this weekend on our stand next to @Dav-Tec

Nice!
After years playing with my mountain bike's (hydraulic) brakes, brake pads and geekery over different compounds etc, it's great that I can now do the same with my van!! ;-)
guess what - Russ does MTB bike stuff too.

1706715528180.png

Daft question, would replacing the standard discs to a larger disc (and pads) make a lot of difference without upgrading the calipers too? As this is a mod I have been contemplating.
Not a daft question, but as @Nutexa Frictions said. . .

the disc, pad & Calliper are all sized to fit each other.

big disc & pad set wont fit the OEM small calliper.

you need big disc, pad and OEM large calliper

+++

its and easy mod, all you need is a used set of T32 / 340mm disc large front callipers and brackets.

places like @CRS Performance @BognorMotors @The Van Cave @Dav-Tec - will be able to help as they do upgrades to super large brakes, meaning they have some standard large ones left over. . .

+++

more info on the two different sizes on the T6:

Cheers Lee.
If I were to upgrade the brakes it would be a job for someone else, don't mind tinkering with the little jobs but when it comes to the important things like stopping, I would leave that to someone with the requisite skill base rather than me with a selection of spanners, hammers and some very colourful language thrown in for good measure.

Cheers Lee.
If I were to upgrade the brakes it would be a job for someone else, don't mind tinkering with the little jobs but when it comes to the important things like stopping, I would leave that to someone with the requisite skill base rather than me with a selection of spanners, hammers and some very colourful language thrown in for good measure.
have a chat with any of the Trade Members above - that should be an easy job for them to do the calliper upgrade.

and get yourself some sweet Nutexa Pads and discs to go with them.

I have just changed my T6 T32 brakes as follows:-
Fronts - Replaced OEM 308mm brake discs. 340mm calipers and assoiatedbolts et 340mm Nutexa dimpled and grooved discs. Nutexa pads.
New hoses.

Rears - New 294mm discs ( Nutexa as above)
New 294mm calipers
New Nutexa brake pads
New hoses.

I have just changed my T6 T32 brakes as follows:-
Fronts - Replaced OEM 308mm brake discs. 340mm calipers and assoiatedbolts et 340mm Nutexa dimpled and grooved discs. Nutexa pads.
New hoses.

Rears - New 294mm discs ( Nutexa as above)
New 294mm calipers
New Nutexa brake pads
New hoses.
What callipers did you end up going with?

It will be interesting to know how they fare so looking forward to the follow-up posts.
Will the disks retain the black colour in use or is it just a coating?
My T32 has the large brakes, and I have always found them to be pretty good, but I would certainly consider an upgrade when it comes to replacement time.

its a coating. . .

"I’ll attached a picture of them fitted.
Although there is no directional way to fit them as the internal vents are straight and not directional like on our big brake kits.
People like to fit them the same as Steve Field (T6Project)
Once the black has worn off the disc they should be bedded in, just go gentle until worn off."

they will look like this when bedded in . . .

Russ sent me this pic.

1706731796940.png

We only use @Nutexa Frictions for a reason. I run them on the wife's cars and my van, we've fitted them to countless customer vehicles with zero complaints.

The discs wear extremely well with them being a high carbon steel which means you actually get better value for money over the life of the discs when compared to standard replacements from the usual large chain automotive suppliers. The pads are excellent, a better coefficient (0.41) than yellow stuff pads and brake just like normal pads under normal conditions but really bite when you need them. Oh and did I mention they're also low on brake dust so cleaning isn't as much of a chore!

We've been offered deals by other companies and haven't bothered as Russ & Jan are a delight to deal with, always on hand if we need support and pioneers in their field.

Honestly guys it's an upgrade you won't regret.

They also keep all T6.1 disc and pads on the shelf. Impressive as not even VW seems to be able to do this.

I know we keep going on about Nutexa but it's for a reason. A British manufacturer that still manufacturers in Britain, is a member of the IAAF (Independent Automotive Aftermarket Federation) supplies companies such as Rolls Royce and the MoD isn't accomplished by not knowing a few things.

If you're at Camper Mart this weekend swing by Hall 1 go and meet the guys and see the products for yourselves. We're opposite so on hand to assist should you want us to assist with installation of any of their kit.

Have a great weekend guys!

Back