We need to book Pete so let's get something in the diary...
(Found the thread by the way) :D

I’m late to this thread.

I’d be up for an overnight, that is if you don’t mind a Crafter interloper, but I would need a date before I could confirm.

I’m late to this thread.

I’d be up for an overnight, that is if you don’t mind a Crafter interloper, but I would need a date before I could confirm.
More than welcome although very dangerous for those of us who keep dreaming about a bigger van! :rofl:

I'm going to get a couple of dates from the pub and we'll hopefully pick one most people can get too!

And now on to some planning for this year...

As you know we normally meet at the Betsey Wynne (just south of MK) on a Sunday afternoon for our meets.

As an alternative this year I've been in discussion with a local historic pub (just south of Bedford) who's landlord has a T6 and they happen to have a very nice field as part of the pub that he'll let us use.

They do have a basic hook up but it is a field not a camp site, there's no shower block etc. The field itself, is nice, flat and firm ground, they often host classic car meets on there in summer to give you an idea you don't need a 4motion!

The field could easily take 80+ vans but I'm suggesting we start with an extended pub meet as a trial... I.E. Pub meet on Saturday afternoon, followed by dinner and drinks (they have some great beers and the local food is excellent) and then a 1 night camp which I imagine he would do for free but I'd suggest we all put a tenner in to say thanks or similar.

I'm not going to post up the pub details as it is a local pub in a village, I don't want half the Internet thinking they can camp for free there, I'll share details with the interested parties :thumbsup:

Could you let me know if your interested to get an idea of numbers...

Thanks all
Any idea of date yet, the diary is already filling up.

Cheers

I reckon so, and if it’s the one I’m thinking of, we’ve been there before and it does have great beer.

Could be a test stop tonight then? If I knew where....
Don't want to post it in the public domain as they'll end up with a million tossers turning up as you can imagine! I'll drop you a message!

Last edited:
So, that's what you think of us all!? :oops:

Thought a load of people turning up to a pub would be good for business but I'm not a publican so maybe not. I figured the clue was in the title... PUBLIC house. Please correct me tho, I was only 5th in class for English.

Thirdly, if they are in Britstops I'm fairly sure they want people showing up. Just a thought bud!
:rolleyes::rofl:
(I'm practicing my sarcasm, so please rate me with a like if I'm doing well)

Back