I don’t reckon I’ll be able to sneak off work for long enough to come up, as it’s my first day back for a while and my work is likely to be stacked up. :thumbsdown:

Heading to Stonehenge for a few days in the van on Wednesday. Think this is the wrong direction.

I don’t reckon I’ll be able to sneak off work for long enough to come up, as it’s my first day back for a while and my work is likely to be stacked up. :thumbsdown:
On the bright side, we’ll have to organise another meet up soon. MK pub?

And now on to some planning for this year...

As you know we normally meet at the Betsey Wynne (just south of MK) on a Sunday afternoon for our meets.

As an alternative this year I've been in discussion with a local historic pub (just south of Bedford) who's landlord has a T6 and they happen to have a very nice field as part of the pub that he'll let us use.

They do have a basic hook up but it is a field not a camp site, there's no shower block etc. The field itself, is nice, flat and firm ground, they often host classic car meets on there in summer to give you an idea you don't need a 4motion!

The field could easily take 80+ vans but I'm suggesting we start with an extended pub meet as a trial... I.E. Pub meet on Saturday afternoon, followed by dinner and drinks (they have some great beers and the local food is excellent) and then a 1 night camp which I imagine he would do for free but I'd suggest we all put a tenner in to say thanks or similar.

I'm not going to post up the pub details as it is a local pub in a village, I don't want half the Internet thinking they can camp for free there, I'll share details with the interested parties :thumbsup:

Could you let me know if your interested to get an idea of numbers...

Thanks all

I'd be up for that although about to have a dry January... Just a thought with all those lovely beers.

What's the field like in bad weather? Do we need a tractor?
Nope all good, I've been told it's very clay, even big motorhomes don't sink in.

If someone does get stuck the pub car park is always full of Land rovers so it shouldn't be a problem :rofl:

Back