Did you t6 lights have 6 pins then Andy as mine only have 5 ? How did you add the feed for the fog light ?
Yes the T6 lights have 6 pins (new Bosch style compact connector). The 5.1 lights were 6 pin as well.

Yes the T6 lights have 6 pins (new Bosch style compact connector). The 5.1 lights were 6 pin as well.
My t5.1 lights were 6 pin but my t6 lights are only 5. Looks like I’ve bought some odd lights. Everyone else lights seem to be 6 pin. Typical for me.

My t5.1 lights were 6 pin but my t6 lights are only 5. Looks like I’ve bought some odd lights. Everyone else lights seem to be 6 pin. Typical for me.
I’ve found a company on eBay who say they can make an adapter to get the rear lights working. It’s £50 or do I cut my losses and look for a set of T6 lights that have a 6 pin connection and sell mine on.
I've also ordered the loom 7E0971145MT from TPS.

I’ve found a company on eBay who say they can make an adapter to get the rear lights working. It’s £50 or do I cut my losses and look for a set of T6 lights that have a 6 pin connection and sell mine on.
I've also ordered the loom 7E0971145MT from TPS.
Also what’s the easiest route to take the 2 wires to the BCM I thinking as I have half my ceiling down of going up the drivers side and down the A or B pillar.

Also what’s the easiest route to take the 2 wires to the BCM I thinking as I have half my ceiling down of going up the drivers side and down the A or B pillar.
You can see the before and nearly after pics. I keep saying all this hassle is defo worth it. But I’ve been off the road for a week now. That’s only down to the rear lights not been a straight change. Fortunately I don’t use my van daily and I could have done it quicker. I reckon up to this stage I’m about 11hours in in total. Stricter plate took 2hrs having to remove the towbar and I reckon I spent a hour getting the loom Up the pillar before I decided to cut the barn door lock plug off as that kept sticking half way up. I decided as it wasn’t usable it didn’t matter and the new loom is ready to pickup on Tuesday. The only thing keeping the van off the road is the rear lights.

F911FEF7-57CA-4913-AE6F-C0812536F975.jpeg

1B0A0B40-0B38-46F2-992B-DF3A1F3381ED.jpeg

You can see the before and nearly after pics. I keep saying all this hassle is defo worth it. But I’ve been off the road for a week now. That’s only down to the rear lights not been a straight change. Fortunately I don’t use my van daily and I could have done it quicker. I reckon up to this stage I’m about 11hours in in total. Stricter plate took 2hrs having to remove the towbar and I reckon I spent a hour getting the loom Up the pillar before I decided to cut the barn door lock plug off as that kept sticking half way up. I decided as it wasn’t usable it didn’t matter and the new loom is ready to pickup on Tuesday. The only thing keeping the van off the road is the rear lights.

View attachment 122186

View attachment 122187
Does anybody know which T6 lights are defo 6 pin please.

Does anybody know which T6 lights are defo 6 pin please.
All the lights barring the LED type all seem to be 5 pin fitting. Unless anybody else knows different. The LED type I’ve found are 6 pin but a different type of fitting.

All the lights barring the LED type all seem to be 5 pin fitting. Unless anybody else knows different. The LED type I’ve found are 6 pin but a different type of fitting.
I’ve got a set of 6.1 lights and 6 lights here. Both of them are the newer 6 pin connection. 6.1 lights are fitted so I can’t take a pic at the moment, but this is the 6 light. Connectors same on both and need repinning if coming from a pre T6.

64449B90-6EDB-4DE6-85A2-BBB7610B217A.jpeg94C04E97-797B-43FE-AF5A-93B2A518223B.jpeg

I’ve got a set of 6.1 lights and 6 lights here. Both of them are the newer 6 pin connection. 6.1 lights are fitted so I can’t take a pic at the moment, but this is the 6 light. Connectors same on both and need repinning if coming from a pre T6.

View attachment 122342View attachment 122343
Are they the LED lights you have there ? The lights I have are from a 2017 T6 and are non LED. Your plug is different to mine.

Just trying to get to the bottom of what’s plug n play if any. Or the easiest option. The firm I said can make an adapter to go inline have assured me they can do this so this is probably how I’m going to go. To save buying more lights.

Hopefully this helps.

LH light
Old T5 Pin1T5 & T6 Colour = BrownEarthNew T6 Pin4
Old T5 Pin2T5 & T6 Colour = Black/RedLeft Brake LightNew T6 Pin6
Old T5 Pin3T5 & T6 Colour = Black/WhiteRear Left Turn SignalNew T6 Pin3
Old T5 Pin4T5 & T6 Colour = Gray/BlackLeft Tail LightNew T6 Pin1
Old T5 Pin5T5 & T6 Colour = Green BlackLeft Reversing LightNew T6 Pin5
T6 Pin2 isn't needed, but it you add an extra wire to the right hand light Pin2 you'll get the fog light on both sides.

RH Light
Old T5 Pin1T5 & T6 Colour = Green BlackRight Reversing LightNew T6 Pin2
Old T5 Pin2T5 & T6 Colour = Grey WhiteFog LightNew T6 Pin5
Old T5 Pin3T5 & T6 Colour = Black GreenRear Right Turn SignalNew T6 Pin4
Old T5 Pin4T5 & T6 Colour = Grey RedRight Tail LightNew T6 Pin6
Old T5 Pin5T5 & T6 Colour = Black RedRight Brake LightNew T6 Pin1
Old T5 Pin6T5 & T6 Colour =BrownEarthNew T6 Pin3

Thanks for your help littleblackflash I have lights. It wasn’t as your diagram said but it showed me enough to work out what wires went where. I’ll do a diagram for anybody else in the sane boat as me.

82A59A5A-C4B0-4F5D-B7C3-619435333CB5.jpeg

Thanks for your help littleblackflash I have lights. It wasn’t as your diagram said but it showed me enough to work out what wires went where. I’ll do a diagram for anybody else in the sane boat as me.

View attachment 122532
Right here we go. I hope this is of help to anybody doing a T6 tailgate conversion to a T5.1 barn door. I’ve got no warning lights on the dash and all is working fine. I also have saved £50 on 2 adapters to convert from loom to lights. I decided to have ago wiring as littkeblackflash put the diagram up. this is how the wires need to be fit into the light socket

Lefthand light (passenger)
Position
1. Not used
2. Green /black (reverse)
3.Black /Grey. ( Rear light )
4.Brown (Earth)
5.Red/Black (Brake)
6.Blackwhite (Indicator )
In this socket position 2 has a green rubber blank knock that out so you can fit your wire in. New lights only have 5 pins and number 1 lines up with nothing so not used.

Right hand light (drivers)
1. Not used
2. Black/Green (indicator)
3.Black/Red ( Brake light)
4. Brown (Earth)
5. Grey/Red (Rear light)
6.Grey /White
This leaves a Green/Black wire spare which I’ve connected to a reverse parking sensor kit and returned into the van body.
I hope this becomes useful to anybody taking on the same conversion 2011 T5.1 rear barndoor lights to 2017 non LED T6 Tailgate lights.
Picking T6 tailgate loom up tomorrow see how much fun that is.

Glad you got it sorted. The pinning I posted is correct for the series LED tailgate lights which look different to the ones you have.

Good luck with the tailgate loom, that's where the fun starts but with the help from here you'll get it working.

Glad you got it sorted. The pinning I posted is correct for the series LED tailgate lights which look different to the ones you have.

Good luck with the tailgate loom, that's where the fun starts but with the help from here you'll get it working.
Thanks for your help it’s appreciated.

I’ve done the wiring side of this conversion quite a a few times now, and please be aware that there is no such thing as a plug and play loom, I have considered making a full retrofit loom kit as it seems to be quite a popular conversion.

How much extra wiring involved depends on a few things.

Firstly, the original spec of your van.
Secondly, What you want the finished spec to be.

No matter what, you need to run some wiring from the BCM to the rear left hand side, and unless your van is or is going to be completely stripped out, then don’t even consider trying to run the wiring anywhere other than up and along the roof, it is so much easier and will save you countless hours.

I've seen some horrific attempts at this conversion, many done by so called “proper” camper conversion companies. Everything from bonkers, to downright dangerous.
You DO NOT need any relays, you do not have to cut into the lighting or sidelight loom, although it you want to illuminate an internal release button on the tailgate itself then you can take a supply from the number plate lamp using genuine connectors.

When done correctly all control and power switching is carried out by the BCM only.

if anyone needs any help let me know,
Hi I’m about to attempt this conversion soon I’ve bought a tailgate for my ban that’s complete with handle etc, my van is a high line spec panel van 67 plate, could you tell me exactly how to wire it please I don’t want anything g fancy just the handle and lock to work, also I currently have 6.1 rear lights on the van but I will need to re pin them for the tailgate lights do you know how to do this?

Hi can anyone tell me apart from the latch working does the tailgate loom plug into the barn door loom?

Back