That’s great! Thanks.
Is there one on each side? It’s only showing one to the left on parts diagram

C5491944-1254-4577-8DE1-DE006233E033.jpeg

can anyone please advise? just had a tailgate conversions, all is good but the central locking is playing up! it used to auto lock the doors when setting off. its trying to lock but clicks open & shut several times. only happens when im setting of at low speed. all doors lock as they should with the key fob. ??

can anyone please advise? just had a tailgate conversions, all is good but the central locking is playing up! it used to auto lock the doors when setting off. its trying to lock but clicks open & shut several times. only happens when im setting of at low speed. all doors lock as they should with the key fob. ??
I had this problem before I had the wiring sorted out so it’s as factory.
How has yours been wired - is it using a relay to lock the tailgate?

I’m not sure, I’ve had an auto electrician to sort the wiring. It locks as it should with remote. Also shows when open & closed on the MFD ? I had auto lock when driving way set with Carista. Would turning that off help?

I’m not sure, I’ve had an auto electrician to sort the wiring. It locks as it should with remote. Also shows when open & closed on the MFD ? I had auto lock when driving way set with Carista. Would turning that off help?
If it’s been wired as per factory (additional cabling ran to the tailgate lock so it’s permanently live as opposed to a lock / unlock pulse that was sent to the barn-door lock) then it would indicate a problem.

If it’s wired to lock via a relay then I think it will always occur.

Turning the function off would stop it trying to automatically lock.

Provided it does what it needs to - locks and unlocks on demand, and doesn’t unlock when it is not supposed to - then you could just leave it.

Check with your auto-elec though, in case it’s a sign of an issue

I had this problem before I had the wiring sorted out so it’s as factory.
How has yours been wired - is it using a relay to lock the tailgate
If it’s been wired as per factory (additional cabling ran to the tailgate lock so it’s permanently live as opposed to a lock / unlock pulse that was sent to the barn-door lock) then it would indicate a problem.

If it’s wired to lock via a relay then I think it will always occur.

Turning the function off would stop it trying to automatically lock.

Provided it does what it needs to - locks and unlocks on demand, and doesn’t unlock when it is not supposed to - then you could just leave it.

Check with your auto-elec though, in case it’s a sign of an issue
I've turned off the auto lock when driving away with Carista, its managed to solve the the problem. only issue is when I'm in the van a can't lock the doors with the lock switch on the drivers door? . we use this to lock doors when we're camping? also my wife feel safer driving with the doors Locked...... do you have any suggestions please?

do you have any suggestions please?
See what your auto-electrician says.

If they are vague, ask how the wiring was done in respect of whether they used a relay to fool the tailgate door-lock or whether they ran two new cables from the BCM to the tailgate.

Tailgate conversion done. I’m really pleased with it! just a few electric faults to sort..
i’ve had an issue with the auto door lock when driving away. it wouldn’t lock so I have now deactivated that in Carista. The problem is sorted however, I can’t lock the doors with the lock button on drivers door?
I’m also getting a warning light on my dash which I believe is because the tail lights are LED does anybody else have this?

3F329C09-BE54-47BC-B085-82639A1DB7C9.jpeg

475476AB-81CA-4AC9-B75B-8BE118225F47.jpeg

congratulations on completing the conversion!
i’ve had an issue with the auto door lock when driving away. it wouldn’t lock so I have now deactivated that in Carista. The problem is sorted however, I can’t lock the doors with the lock button on drivers door?
As per my post above; how does the lock function - relay or OEM wiring?

I’m also getting a warning light on my dash which I believe is because the tail lights are LED does anybody else have this?
This is likely the LED number plate lights needing to be coded in.

the tailgate power supply has been wired from the internal light.
I can only guess that it’s either that or the coding that is causing you problems, but as I’m not at all educated in either auto electrics or coding, would defer to someone with more expertise.
You could try asking @Eddcameron - whilst your work has been undertaken by someone else, he may be happy to advise (call him - he seldom logs on)

I'll ask the auto electrician to check the Number plate light. I believe the tail light I have are also LED? they are genuine t6 lights....would they need coding?

would wiring the tailgate to the BCM solve all my issues? I've checked with Caista and found around 9 faults with lights & Locks.

would wiring the tailgate to the BCM solve all my issues? I've checked with Caista and found around 9 faults with lights & Locks.
common sense tells me yes, but again I’m no expert, and comment solely on what I’ve read here and heard elsewhere.

I changed to LED taillamps at the same time. No issues. Just the number plate lights

I noticed the other day that my door lock buttons on the drivers door don't work. When I press lock, they just bounce and remain open. I guess this has always been the case since fitting the tailgate conversion.

Has anyone don't a tailgate conversion and got the door locking buttons to work? Mine is wired up correctly so I guess its a coding change needed.

Does anyone know which measure block on VCDS to looks at to see why it isn't working?

Mine is fine, but I don’t have much of an idea as to the coding it had changed as it was done by someone else. If I get hold of a VCDS cable I’ll have a look, but hopefully someone else with that kit can help

T5.1 Barn Door to T6 Tailgate conversion.

I've given up on coding as my BCM doesn't have the required options in VCDS, so taking a different route to getting the locking mechanism to work.

I've added a 4pin relay that takes a permanent live from the fuse box to relay pin 30 with switched live (86) and earth (85) both from the interior light.

If I connect relay pin 87 direct to tailgate loom wire 57 (Tailgate actuator) it means the tailgate opens every time the interior lights come on, which also means I need to close it every time before driving off.

Now that I know the circuit more or less works I want to route the power from relay pin 87 via tailgate switch to the Tailgate actuator.

This will insert the tailgate external pressure switch into my circuit to ensure the tailgate only opens when the tailgate pressure switch is activated while the interior lights are on and not every time the interior lights come on.

Can anyone help speed the last bit up by filling in the blanks on my diagram?

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 18.29.19.png

Update: This is what I have installed to get the T6 Tailgate to work with my T5.1.

I've cut the connections to the external tailgate pressure switch and inserted them in to wire 57, including an internal momentary switch. Couldn't get the factory internal switch to work with my circuit, but this was a simple workaround.

On press of key-fob interior lights activate relay, sending power to both switches. Pressing either switch activates the Tailgate actuator. When lights go out tailgate cannot be opened.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 13.08.24.png

Back