Hi Chris,

welcome to the forum. I note your user name is your email address. Not sure if this is intentional, but you may want to change it otherwise it may be picked up by robots and be used for spam. If you want to change it, drop one of the moderators a message.
Excuse my ignorance but how would I contact a moderator (sorry but all this is new to me ) thanks
Thanks for that, will do

Last edited by a moderator:
You could message @Pauly or @Loz by going into your messages and starting a conversation with either of them and asking them to change your username.

As I’ve tagged them in this message they may well respond directly.

My van is the barn door type, just took delivery of a Atera Srada DL3 bike carrier from the roof box company, and the doors open no problem although there is only 10-15mm clearance but it clears the door so I’m happy, it’s quite light to handle, easy to fit and very well made, i purchased the 3-4 bike model, it has a slide function to allow the bike too be pulled back to allow access to the doors, I’m led to believe the bike rack in the retracted position will clear the tailgate style vans too but I can’t confirm this, just need to get the number plate done now

Would you mind telling me which tow-bar you have/had? Reading the forums I get the impression some balls sit higher than others.

I have a Westfalia 321651 with reference 321546 on the ball and a THule 929 and the unit sits 20mm above the door line of you have no chance of opening the door while its on.

View attachment 15249 View attachment 15248 View attachment 15247 My van is the barn door type, just took delivery of a Atera Srada DL3 bike carrier from the roof box company, and the doors open no problem although there is only 10-15mm clearance but it clears the door so I’m happy, it’s quite light to handle, easy to fit and very well made, i purchased the 3-4 bike model, it has a slide function to allow the bike too be pulled back to allow access to the doors, I’m led to believe the bike rack in the retracted position will clear the tailgate style vans too but I can’t confirm this, just need to get the number plate done now
Hi I have just ordered Atera bike rack but still need tow bar fitting what make/type tow bar have you got? I have barn doors and want to make sure my doors open. Cheers John

threads merged

Hi, does any one know of a cycle rack that will fit a T6 barn door van. I have a spoiler fitted and do not want to cut it. There is a tow bar option but I would have to fit one so adding to the expense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the Fiamma 2 bike one as far as I am aware. I think you have to cut a spoiler to fit it though.
Do a search on the forum for “Fiamma barn” - there are a few threads on this.

Pete

Hi Pete thanks for the response. I have just looked at that one. Ideally I would like a 3 bike rack but don’t want to cut the spoiler. I was wondering if there was some kind of bracket that fitted over the spolier

Get a towbar mounted one, mines a four rack one think it’s whitter it’s great

I may have to look into that. But need to fit a tow bar first. Does it turn off any parking sensors when reverse is engaged with the rack mounted as I understand some after market tow bars/wiring harness do not have this option

I think in simple terms, the 2 bike rack is the only one available for barn doors, and you will have to work out your own solution if you have a spoiler.
A decent tow bar installation from someone like PF Jones includes the coding to disable the rear parking sensors. Loads of threads on towbars on the forum.

Pete

Hi All,

I've just purchased a T6 with barn doors with a rear spoiler. I'm looking to buy a bike carrier and maybe going to buy one like this.

Fiamma Carry-Bike Rack VW T5 and T6 (Double Rear Doors)​

1628166295994.png

Does anybody know id this will fit with a spoiler? If, not do you know of any alternatives that will. Not a tow bar type as I will need to used with a trailer.

Thanks

Craig

I had one like that on my T5 (with spoiler)

Cant remember exactly how, but it defo fit...

Might be best to get confirmation.... re a T6 with spoiler.

The other bike carriers needed the spoiler to be modified.

I'm pretty sure that no carriers fit with spoilers. Some have modified the spoilers by cutting sections out of them, but not ideal.

If you can't use a tow bar mount, how about a carrier that fits on the trailers A frame?

Trailer.jpeg
Thanks for your comment. I would have but the trailer that came with the camper doesn't look like its designed for top mounting. I might have to settle for a tow bar carrier and the times I use the trailer try and squeeze bike into it as appose to putting on a rear door carrier.

Ok, a question with a slight twist. Anyone mounted a barn door cycle rack to a lift up tailgate? Does it fit? (No spoilers etc) . I like the side mounting profile of the barn door rack, they are not frightfully expensive so a good candidate IMO, to modify to carry a box or even as a spare wheel carrier on my t6, without blocking off the full rear window view.

Anyone done anything similar?

Last edited:
Is there such a thing as a rear door mounted barn door rack for a T6 with a rear spoiler?

Only if you cut slots in the underside of the spoiler. There is a photo of this somewhere on the forum.

Pete

Back