Chris Kent

Hi

Can anyone help me?!

I have a T6 with barn doors, a rear spoiler and a detachable tow bar.

Does anyone have any hints and tips on a good bike rack for 2 bikes?

Thanks

Do you need the towbar while the bikes are on? I.e. Do you want a rack while towing? Only asking as some nice thule ones that go on the towbar but if towing no use

Towbar bike racks are the only option as you have a spoiler. They reach over the doors and clip onto the top lip.

Do you need the towbar while the bikes are on? I.e. Do you want a rack while towing? Only asking as some nice thule ones that go on the towbar but if towing no use
Hi Simon - thanks - no, won't need to do towing at the same time. Just need to open doors and my old "buzz rack" sits too high!

4CB2DE01-CF2F-4359-B45B-F8D70E214223.jpeg B396BED1-A3A4-4CFD-8F06-BE5E93CC7234.jpeg 0B364FE8-F32D-465C-BA0E-8534238A2CAB.jpeg My van is the barn door type, just took delivery of a Atera Srada DL3 bike carrier from the roof box company, and the doors open no problem although there is only 10-15mm clearance but it clears the door so I’m happy, it’s quite light to handle, easy to fit and very well made, i purchased the 3-4 bike model, it has a slide function to allow the bike too be pulled back to allow access to the doors, I’m led to believe the bike rack in the retracted position will clear the tailgate style vans too but I can’t confirm this, just need to get the number plate done now

Similar guidance required. I have been looking at the Fiamma for Barn Doors but I need to find out the distance between the door and the down hanging bar. I have contacted a number of suppliers they have every other dimension but not that one. The attachment shows the dimension that I need, can anyone help!!!!

Image.PNG

No problems...might not be accurate to the mm, but there or there abouts!

Has anyone managed it?

Yes I know the question has been asked a few times and the general consensus is it won't work.
I have seen pics of one fitted with cut outs in the spoiler but I don't like that look.
I did recently find this pic;

Screenshot_2020-04-21-22-55-54-560.jpeg

Can't see if the spoiler is cut out or not?
I don't mind doing a bit of modifying (rack and van) if it can be done in a neat way?

If not looks like going down the tow bar route again.

Cheers.

Bump.

Failing that anyone got an old/unwanted barn door bike rack going spare that I can have a go at modifying?

I'd suggest that the spoiler in that van is cut. probably shaved to allow the brackets under and then stuck down so the rack is proper permanent (at least that is how I would go about doing it).

I had the Fiamma rack on mine, but in the end fitted a towbar because I was fed up of being hit by the tracks when I accessed the rear (& for some reason I always seem to be needing something from the back).

I'd suggest that the spoiler in that van is cut. probably shaved to allow the brackets under and then stuck down so the rack is proper permanent (at least that is how I would go about doing it).

I had the Fiamma rack on mine, but in the end fitted a towbar because I was fed up of being hit by the tracks when I accessed the rear (& for some reason I always seem to be needing something from the back).

Cheers.

Yes, without some major alterations/mods to the rack the spoiler will have to be cut, would be interesting to see some more close up pics of how neat it can look.
Was thinking of maybe being able to rivnut a couple of brackets on under the spoiler that the rack can fasten to, would need to avoid the brake light though. It will obviously be a permanent fixture then but no different to a motorhome I guess.

I've already got an Atera strada dl3, i'm just not sure if I want to go to the hassle and cost of having a tow bar on. Good point about having to be careful you don't clout yourself with the fiamma type everytime you close the door.

Hi all, little help required :
Does anyone know of a bike rack that would fit a 2016 barn door t6 with rear roof spoiler & no tow bar fitted? Been looking about & can't seem to find anything that fits. Any h

Hi Chris,

welcome to the forum. I note your user name is your email address. Not sure if this is intentional, but you may want to change it otherwise it may be picked up by robots and be used for spam. If you want to change it, drop one of the Admins a message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back