T6 Barn Door bike rack options (3 bikes) with spoiler?!

aldred.baker

Hi,

Does anyone know of any options for a 3x bike carrier for the T6 Barn Doors with spoiler or am I looking at getting a row at fitted for a tow bar carrier?

I'm not aware of anything. We went the tow bar with tilting rack route.

Pete
Which one did you go for?
I’m after a barn door carrier to fit a storage box on for my travels.
Is there any barn door bike racks suitable for this or would I need a tow bar one?

As far as I am aware, there is only one bike rack for barn doors, the Fiamma 2 bike one.
I doubt it would be suitable for a storage box.

Pete

As far as I am aware, there is only one bike rack for barn doors, the Fiamma 2 bike one.
I doubt it would be suitable for a storage box.

Pete
Hi Pete.
Does your tow bar storage box for the barn doors Tilt enough to open the doors?
I need access to my rear to turn my gas on and off.
Just thinking if this will work.

We don’t put a storage box on our bike rack. We have an Atera DL3 rack - plenty of info about this on here.
The barn doors open fine, and the closest point to the doors when they open is the bike wheels, not the rack structure.

Pete

Hi, I’m in the process of buying a T6.1 with a spoiler plus Barn Doors and want to carry bikes. Just so I’m clear I’ll need a toe bar fitting and use the Fiamma 2?

I don’t think the Fiamma works on the barn door with spoilers fitted, I have seen people ‘modify’ the spoilers by cutting sections out of it but personally wouldnt do it myself. I had a removable tow bar fitted and bought the Altera strada rack for my T5, works a treat

IMG_2552.jpeg

I don’t think the Fiamma works on the barn door with spoilers fitted, I have seen people ‘modify’ the spoilers by cutting sections out of it but personally wouldnt do it myself. I had a removable tow bar fitted and bought the Altera strada rack for my T5, works a treat

View attachment 201945
Thank you, I will take a look at the Altera.

Can you still open the boot with bike rack on?

Hi, I’m in the process of buying a T6.1 with a spoiler plus Barn Doors and want to carry bikes. Just so I’m clear I’ll need a toe bar fitting and use the Fiamma 2?
From what i can see there don't seem to be any racks which suit the barn doors with spoilers.
I've booked my van in to have a removable tower fitted now and will be getting a tow bar rack (not sure what the Fiamma 2 is but check it out as Tow Bars aren't that cheap)

From what i can see there don't seem to be any racks which suit the barn doors with spoilers.
I've booked my van in to have a removable tower fitted now and will be getting a tow bar rack (not sure what the Fiamma 2 is but check it out as Tow Bars aren't that cheap)
Can I ask how much it costs to install a removable tow bar? Thx

Can I ask how much it costs to install a removable tow bar? Thx
Got a feeling I paid £600-£700 for a Westfailia removable and all the electrics (it has the 13 pin socket and the whole thing wires into the canbus so the fog lights do clever things and the parking sensors are temporarily deactivated).
That was a couple of years ago but money well spent- taking the bikes around means more fun!

Back