Hi, new here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯,
Iv got a project I’m working on (not the one in my pic) and I’m in talks with Duchy Banded Wheels in regards to making some 18” Amarok steels into 13” rears ( don’t ask ) and 9.5” fronts as apposed to 9 inch fronts.
Does anybody here run or know of anybody that runs 9.5’s on the front? Is it practical? I’m planning on rolling the arches a tiny bit if that helps. I’m also going for quite an aggressive stance look so not hoping to tuck them under the arch too much.
Any pics or info would be much appreciated
Cheers

I'm surprised Jamie will make some 13" rears for you. I'm even more surprised he didn't fall off his chair when you asked him:whistle: but bagsy first refusal on one of the rears to make a table out of, if you find they don't actually fit.

9.5" fronts have been done but many of those that have attempted it have reported fouling and rubbing on lock, although I don't think anyone has done 9'5" Amarok 18s on the front.
I've had 3 sets of Duchys banded 18s and they always seem to sit lovely on his standard banded widths. I'm currently running a set of his 19" Range rover space savers that are 9" and 10" and judging on my rears you'd possibly get another half inch if you pushed it, making them 10.5s but the various conversations i've had with Jamie, he doesn't like going over what he knows works.

I for one would love to see how a 13" banded 18 would look, because I suspect he won't be adding the extra you want to the outer dish of the wheel, giving a rather extreme depth, more likely if he is going to do it, he will share the extra width with the inner and outer, but either way I cannot see it fitting without either a wide body arch (which I have seen done twice on a Transporter) but bare in mind that route meant the side loading doors couldn't actually be used because they wouldn't open. Or, some major inner arch work.

Good luck with this project and keep us posted.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Jamie will make some 13" rears for you. I'm even more surprised he didn't fall off his chair when you asked him:whistle: but bagsy first refusal on one of the rears to make a table out of, if you find they don't actually fit.

9.5" fronts have been done but many of those that have attempted it have reported fouling and rubbing on lock, although I don't think anyone has done 9'5" Amarok 18s on the front.
I've had 3 sets of Duchys banded 18s and they always seem to sit lovely on his standard banded widths. I'm currently running a set of his 19" Range rover space savers that are 9" and 10" and judging on my rears you'd possibly get another half inch if you pushed it, making them 10.5s but the various conversations i've had with Jamie, he doesn't like going over what he knows works.

I for one would love to see how a 13" banded 18 would look, because I suspect he won't be adding the extra you want to the outer dish of the wheel, giving a rather extreme depth, more likely if he is going to do it, he will share the extra width with the inner and outer, but either way I cannot see it fitting without either a wide body arch (which I have seen done twice on a Transporter) but bare in mind that route meant the side loading doors couldn't actually be used because they wouldn't open. Or, some major inner arch work.

Good luck with this project and keep us posted.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Well the rear shouldn’t be a problem as it’s a flatbed/pickup lol.(I’ll attach a pic) It’s quite a different look that I’m going for so hopefully will make sense its when done.
I’ve ordered 9.5’s for the front but starting to wimp out now. Not sure whether to play it safe with the 9’s.

I have 9's on the front and 9.5's on the rear, any wider (to be honest even the 9.5's do) and the tyres will foul on the side door as it opens, too wide and you may not be able to open the sliding door.
View attachment 64507

Hi,
Thanks for the reply and pic, that was handy to see not only for the front fitment but also the colour. Is that a matt bronze? That’s one of the colours I’m weighing up. Also, are they from Duchy as they look like a pic on his Instagram page that I’ve been using as a colour wheel. Pun not intended.

Makes sense now.
If you look at the Green pickup/Frankenstein creation owned by Transporter HQ, you cannot miss it if you look through their Instagram, that originally has banded 17s, before the current Weller steels, and those rears were a special order at 10.5" by Duchy and they looked super cool.
I'd suggest finding someone with a set of banded 18s in your area and ask if you can try their 9.5" rears on your front before committing to an order with Jamie, but i'm not sure if the rear 9'5s are a different offset to the potential 9'5" fronts, or if the 9.5" fronts he sends you are just a pair of his standard rears.
All a bit confusing, but i'm sure you know what i'm taking about.

Hi, new here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯,
Iv got a project I’m working on (not the one in my pic) and I’m in talks with Duchy Banded Wheels in regards to making some 18” Amarok steels into 13” rears ( don’t ask ) and 9.5” fronts as apposed to 9 inch fronts.
Does anybody here run or know of anybody that runs 9.5’s on the front? Is it practical? I’m planning on rolling the arches a tiny bit if that helps. I’m also going for quite an aggressive stance look so not hoping to tuck them under the arch too much.
Cheers

I have 10j on all 4 corners. Would have to remind myself of offsets, been a while since i fitted them, (2 years). No arch (wing) rub with 255 35 20's, think they touch on the inside but very little marks on arch liner. Van on coil overs with hub mod, so it is low. Wheels are rotiform blq's.

Reactions: DWS
Hi, new here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯,
Cheers

Just checked, ET35. No spacer in the front, 12mm on the rear (same size and offset). I could only get the wheels in 112pcd and adaptors would of given poke, so I bought 4 wheel bearings, remachined the hub flanges to 112pcd. So yea, 10j on the front ET35. Perfect

Just checked, ET35. No spacer in the front, 12mm on the rear (same size and offset). I could only get the wheels in 112pcd and adaptors would of given poke, so I bought 4 wheel bearings, remachined the hub flanges to 112pcd. So yea, 10j on the front ET35. Perfect

Out of pure interest, your 10" wheels. Just wondering where you are taking the measurements from to decipher that they are actually 10"
Is it what's stamped on the wheel?

I ran 8.5" ET45 alloys and they sat pretty close to the arch on B14s set on lowest. They looked pretty much perfect on the front of mine, but a 10" ET35 would of poked out for sure.

Myself and @T6180 had a weird situation with a pair of banded 19s that poked awfully on his T6, but sat perfectly on mine. Both T6's were low and both are T32s. The only difference we could tell was his is manual and mine is DSG. We never did work out why there was such a difference on the front.

Last edited:
Makes sense now.
If you look at the Green pickup/Frankenstein creation owned by Transporter HQ, you cannot miss it if you look through their Instagram, that originally has banded 17s, before the current Weller steels, and those rears were a special order at 10.5" by Duchy and they looked super cool.
I'd suggest finding someone with a set of banded 18s in your area and ask if you can try their 9.5" rears on your front before committing to an order with Jamie, but i'm not sure if the rear 9'5s are a different offset to the potential 9'5" fronts, or if the 9.5" fronts he sends you are just a pair of his standard rears.
All a bit confusing, but i'm sure you know what i'm taking about.
Yer I know the one. I love their other one, the orange one

Have you priced up tyres to fit those rims yet?
My mate has a Stratos replica that uses some huge width rear tyres and they're not cheap.

Out of pure interest, your 10" wheels. Just wondering where you are taking the measurements from to decipher that they are actually 10"
Is it what's stamped on the wheel?

I ran 8.5" ET45 alloys and they sat pretty close to the arch on B14s set on lowest. They looked pretty much perfect on the front of mine, but a 10" ET35 would of poked out for sure.

Myself and @T6180 had a weird situation with a pair of banded 19s that poked awfully on his T6, but sat perfectly on mine. Both T6's were low and both are T32s. The only difference we could tell was his is manual and mine is DSG. We never did work out why there was such a difference on the front.

My wheels are Rotiform BLQ's - 20x10j. The rim sits flush with the edge of the arch on the front. I can send pics. They are def 10j, yes stamped. I have not measured them. I bought them brand new in the boxes. Trabby from the t5 forum had done the same (machined hub flanges to 112pcd) and had same size rotiforms. When i planned this i used the wheel calculator site and they sit the same as predicted. I can check the offset again but if you look at the Rotiform website it says the offset on these sizes. I can send an image if you want to see them.

Last edited:
Have you priced up tyres to fit those rims yet?
My mate has a Stratos replica that uses some huge width rear tyres and they're not cheap.
Well the original plan was to put a set of Toyo R888’s on them. As the rear tyres are so big and will be partly on display when finished I wanted a specific looking tread pattern. I have wanted these tyres for forever but never had a vehicle that warranted them.
I knew of a seller on eBay that had full sets available in the size I needed to fit the front and rear. I presumed that these were just a stock item and were currently being manufactured. I was wrong.
Apparently the R888’s were discontinued in 2016 and he’d just bought up the old stock. Someone had bought the last few sets in one hit and cleared him out. Obviously all this was found out in hindsight and once I went to order them.
The replacements of the R888 is the R888r. They are now not made in the 335 that I need, the closest is a 295/30/18. My next port of call is to see if the local tyre company would try to stretch those on? I like the stretched tyre look but not sure if that’s pushing it??
I have found some generic 335’s and 315’s so there’s always something out there that’ll fit, it’s just finding ones I like to fit in with what I had in mind. Some may say “they’re only tyres” but it’ll make sense when it’s up together

I had R888's on my Caterham a few years ago, great tyres but while I never had any issues with them, a friend who had them on his Westfield XTR2 had serious bum clenching in the wet.
I replaced the 888's with R1R's when they wore out, better in the wet (more grooves) but not as good grip, I can feel them losing it pushing into roundabouts, If I can I'll be going back to 888's when these wear out.
My mate with the Stratos is running 225/50/15 T1R's on the front on 8x15 rims, and Pirelli P Zero 345/35/15 on 12x15 rims on the back. He had Michelin TB15's on a few years ago on the M1 in a rainstorm and ended up spinning it when the huge rears aquaplaned so be wary of choosing tyres with not much in the way of tread like the 888's.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWS
Agree with the above, I had R888R on an e46 m3, they were awesome in the dry, very grippy, but terrible in the wet. Extreme road noise with them too.

Back