Hinks007

VIP Member
Hi,

Does anybody know if anyone does black banded wheels? And what's the maximum size wheel I should be fitting without runing the ride and bearings!!

Cheers mate

:(@Hinks007
A guy on eBay is selling them, has good feedback , don't know the link but I guess just type in the search box
You could always buy a set and get them powder coated ? About £250

Just can't get my head around driving on a wheel that's been cut and joined again !! Especially with the weight of a van

Essex banded steels are the guys to speak to...... I looked into a set of 19" Range Rover space savers..... not cheap to get them done properly though!!
Yes they have really good feedback from other people on the scene. Important to get this mod done properly or else you could have a big problem!

:(@Hinks007
A guy on eBay is selling them, has good feedback , don't know the link but I guess just type in the search box
You could always buy a set and get them powder coated ? About £250

Just can't get my head around driving on a wheel that's been cut and joined again !! Especially with the weight of a van

Lorry wheels are banded. It's the same thing.

I ran 17x9 front and 17x9.5 rear on my old bandeds. Slammed and ran fine with 235/55/17 tyres .

I got rid because they scuff easily on the lip and went rusty because of it.

Hey RugBus, have you fitted your banded steels yet and if so is there any chance of some photos?

@Rugbus some pics would be good, like the idea of something bit different, plus can.i assume as steels rather than alloys, better on the budget?

They look good!!!!...what width and offset did you go for and what tyre sizes?

If you don't mind me asking but how much were these in total?

Cheers.
9 on the front with 255 40
10 on the back with 275 40

They were £1,500 without tyres from essex banded steels
they were done in satin grey to start with but it didnt look right so had them sprayed candy white to match they van
Then lowered 80mm : )

Those look very cool indeed!

I had some 15x6j re-rims made in the states for a bug about 11 years ago, I messed up a little and should have got 14x5.5
Been looking for a while to get them done over here, these guys look the just the ticket!

Back