Auto locking

New (ish) T6 owner here (150PS Highline Camper Conversion). I had a Carista unit arrive yesterday which I plugged in and connected to my iPad. I did what seems to be the usual mods of auto lock, tear drop wipe, dial sweep and gallons to fill up. I subsequently decide to bin the dial sweep (pointless!) and gallons to fill (inaccurate and showing two gallons with the trip meter reading 177 miles - i wish!). For auto lock, having read that some have problems with the Carista Option A, I selected B and went for a drive. It worked and the locks kicked in at 10 MPH or thereabouts so I'm well chuffed as it's feature that I'm used to (and missed). All in all, I'm well impressed with Carista, particularly for only £15.99 including the months free 'pro access'. I also plugged it into my Audi Q5 and it seems to work perfectly but just about the only thing that hadn't been initiated on that already was the 'dial sweep' which, as mentioned above, I'm not bothered with. That said, I reckon that auto lock and tear drop wipe on the T6 were easily worth the £16 that I paid for the Carista unit and one month access to the 'pro features'. The only issue that I did have was that I had to add some funds to my Apple account in order to allow them to set up a 'standing order' to pay Carista for access after the 1st month but I simply added the required £32, initiated the Carista free trial, cancelled the 'standing order' and asked Apple for a refund on the £32 (which happened earlier today). However, if I ever need the Carista pro features again, I'll happily cough up the required £10 for a weeks pass as I now know it works.

New (ish) T6 owner here (150PS Highline Camper Conversion).

Is your van a MY2019 ? From all I have read I was coming to the conclusion that late model vans simply don't work with these features in the documented way. I am guessing there is some other coding needed to get it to work - but if yours is a 2019 then that blows that theory out of the water

New (ish) T6 owner here (150PS Highline Camper Conversion). I had a Carista unit arrive yesterday which I plugged in and connected to my iPad. I did what seems to be the usual mods of auto lock, tear drop wipe, dial sweep and gallons to fill up. I subsequently decide to bin the dial sweep (pointless!) and gallons to fill (inaccurate and showing two gallons with the trip meter reading 177 miles - i wish!). For auto lock, having read that some have problems with the Carista Option A, I selected B and went for a drive. It worked and the locks kicked in at 10 MPH or thereabouts so I'm well chuffed as it's feature that I'm used to (and missed). All in all, I'm well impressed with Carista, particularly for only £15.99 including the months free 'pro access'. I also plugged it into my Audi Q5 and it seems to work perfectly but just about the only thing that hadn't been initiated on that already was the 'dial sweep' which, as mentioned above, I'm not bothered with.
Don’t forget large MPH display in the MFD

Loz. Re-reading your last post (and others!), I now realise what you are talking about with large MPH and I didn’t realise you could do it. That’s something that I would like as it’s a feature on my Audi which I’m used but I would also like to retain the ability to display KPH for trips over the channel. Is that possible please?

Loz. Re-reading your last post (and others!), I now realise what you are talking about with large MPH and I didn’t realise you could do it. That’s something that I would like as it’s a feature on my Audi which I’m used but I would also like to retain the ability to display KPH for trips over the channel. Is that possible please?
Kmh is the “Alt speed” setting that needs to be off in the mfd to do large mph, but you can turn it back on for trips.

Loz. Again, thanks. I'll have to have another play. Did I read somewhere that you need to tell it that you are in Australia to get large MPH?

Update, Van been in for 2nd service today and I’d mentioned it to them again they said they’d have a look.
Picked van up this evening and it’s working!, yipeee. But my radio isn’t !!! Wtf is going on. Called them and service guy said, er yeah . I seem to remember this happening before bring it back in and we’ll have a look. Trouble is it’s a Alpine Nav/Radio with the VW CAN interface so I hope they don’t turn around and say it’s not a VW original unit so not our problem!!

Another thing, I might be going mad but for some reason I’m thinking the MFD looks different, can’t put my finger on it yet but it just doesn’t seem the same

Further update! Managed to get the Alpine working again (reset the CAN adapter interface and it seems ok)
I’ve figured out what is different on the MFD, no longer says Check Safelock, and guess what the drivers door doesn’t deadlock any more. The door LED flashes rapidly when you lock and then stays constant on for a bit and then the normal pulse flash. Also weird, drivers door doesn’t always unlock when I press open on the remote I sometimes have to press it twice. Ocasywhen I take the key out of ignition the locks kind of bounce a bit but don’t unlock, although that is even less frequent. Anyone got any ideas VE say they don’t know what’s causing it.

Back