Carista Categories Definitions

Ric1962

T6 Pro
Hi all, I picked up my 2019 T6 T30 150 a week ago and have been working my way around the different functions etc. I have decided to get a Carista as recommended on here and make a few tweak's to certain functions. Having looked on their website it runs through the different options available on the device`s tablet or phone display screen, however some leave me scratching my head and asking myself "What is it and do I need it"? I've listed them below in the hope that somebody maybe able to explain in basic terms what they actually mean.

CUSTOMISE..........
Lights : Exterior - "Assistant driving Light"....... What is this please?

Locking : Automatic - "Auto-lock doors when moving (method A)"
Locking : Automatic - "Auto-lock doors when moving (method B)"
Locking : Automatic - "Auto-unlock doors when key is taken out of ignition (method A)"
Locking : Automatic - "Auto-unlock doors when key is taken out of ignition (method B)"
I get the auto locking / unlocking bit but what exactly are methods "A" and "B"?

Wipers and Washers : "Additional 'tear' wipe after windshield washer use (method A)"
Wipers and Washers : "Additional 'tear' wipe after windshield washer use (method B)"
What is a "tear" wipe and again, what are methods "A" and "B"?

Other : "Enable smart key buttons when ignition is on"
Any ideas as to what this means and do I need it? Are they referring to the standard VW key fob and that you can opt to still use the push buttons to lock / unlock the vehicle with the engine running and / or with just the ignition lights on?

Apologies if these seem some daft questions, but if you dont know then you dont know! And if you dont ask you'll never know!!

Many thanks in advance to any answers the T6 community can give.

Cheers, Rick.

I get the auto locking / unlocking bit but what exactly are methods "A" and "B"?
From my understanding its just two different ways of doing the same thing as Carista is universal and not specific to your van, some vehicles it will work using A and other B. I remember trying this a few times to get mine to work.

Other : "Enable smart key buttons when ignition is on"
Any ideas as to what this means and do I need it? Are they referring to the standard VW key fob and that you can opt to still use the push buttons to lock / unlock the vehicle with the engine running and / or with just the ignition lights on?

I think this just means you can use the buttons on your keys when you have turned on the ignition

Assistant driving light sounds like it could be foglight cornering

As @Ric1962 says method A and B are different coding options to achieve the same thing, depending on your BCM some people will need method A, others method B.

Tear wipe - when washing the screen the wipers operate a set number of times, they'll then pause for a few seconds and make a final wipe - this is the tear wipe meant to mop up any dribbles.

Smart key when ignition on is as above

Thanks for the replies. the door locking and unlocking I guess I will have to test both to see what happens.

The "tear wipe" I get now. A last flick of the wipers to remove any "tears" running down from the top of the screen after using the screen wash function.

As for "assistant driving lights", yes, gotta agree with Deaky, thats about the only thing it could be and it makes sense.

The smart key options I will leave well alone, like most of the other settings, driving school modes and off road information for example.

Many thanks once again.

Rick.

Lights : Exterior - "Assistant driving Light"....... What is this please?
VCDS uses exactly those words to enable/disable AUTO lights function (on suitable light switch) - to turn on dipped beam when it's getting dark (as detected by rain&light sensor).

Back