Auto locking

I have seen this before and needed to let the module sleep overnight before it works

Hi Paula, think it's updated automatically. It's running version 17.1 (just checked) also just plugged it back into van and the auto lock and auto unlock boxes are ticked in the long coding helper...still doesn't do it. Hmmm

As @Loz said it may just be a case of the modules needing to power down before the changes take effect ?

Interesting update, at the same time I changed the auto lock and unlock I also changed wiper function to tear wipe and that now works ok.

Interesting update, at the same time I changed the auto lock and unlock I also changed wiper function to tear wipe and that now works ok.

When I did mine, I had to reset the windows to one touch and then the auto lock/unlock worked. No idea why but it did?

I got tear wipe, needle sweep, digital speedo etc to work immediately, though with Carista rather than VCDS, but auto lock/unlock didn't work even though the option is ticked. Tried undoing it and redoing and leaving it for hours and even days. Still no joy

Hi all, is there a way to enable Safelock mode through VCDS? My Australia 2017 T6 doesn't actually perform this function with the FOB however I really want this function on so the sliding door can't be opened through the opening sliding window via the internal handle.

Have you tried physically testing deadlocks with 1 and 2 clicks on the fob while you are sat inside ?
Out of interest do you have an interior alarm monitor disable button on the B pillar adjacent to the seat ?

Hey Pauly,

Yes I've tried it phyially testing it, I was very disappointed when I realised the sliding door could be opened through the window and I couldn't deadlock. My old T5 had is activated and we used it a fair bit whilst camping. No interior alarm monitor button and not sure I have an alarm fitted at all. Interestingly enough the owners manual mentions the Safelock feature is only fitted to models with interior alarm monitor - or words to that effect- so was hoping it will be a feature I can activate once I get my VCDS cable.

I really didn't think vehicles were made anymore that didn't have dead locking !
I haven't seen anything in VCDS regards safe lock/dead locking I think the question will be if you even have the hardware for it in the door, have you tried extended key turn in door or double key turn to see if there is anyway to activate dead lock this would at least confirm its present ?

That's ridiculous, why on earth did they decide to cheap out on Australian models? Is it maybe some recently brought in safety regulation there to stop people being stuck inside?
I've always assumed that the second button press is dead locking the van but I'm going to double check when I get outside.

On UK models its the other way around, single press is deadlock/safelock and the second press disables deadlock so doors can be opened from insode

And just tried a heap of things to try and activate mine but still no deadlock. Tried holding buttons down on Fob, double turn of key in lock, long hold key (that does my comfort windows at least) just don't think we get it here in Australia unless optioned up with Alarm system. Quite disappointed, I'll have to knock up my own system on locking door with window open :(

This is really awful, I've just been out to check my van and, like @Ketan , there is NO DEADLOCKING AT ALL! Not with one press, two press, double turning or long hold of key. After doing any of these, all my doors can be opened from the inside.

So it looks like @Ketan is right, if you don't have an internal alarm deactivating button (I don't) then YOU DON'T HAVE DEADLOCKING and you may not realise it.
I'm absolutely disgusted, a vehicle that doesn't have deadlocking may as well not be locked, I haven't had any vehicle in 20yrs that didn't have it and it's just terrible that VW would do this and not warn you.

Yeah needless to say I'm unimpressed as well. Thought I'd had a brilliant solution (for my sliding door with sliding window) which was just activate child lock - so no one could reach through window on hot summer nights and open door from internal handle - BUT the commercial Transporter doesn't seem to have child locks.

Back