Lowered T32 on 18" Sportlines?

If you’ve got a full side view image I can photoshop the different lowering amounts if you like
Would just need to know the current gap so I can reduce accordingly.

Not sure what standard gap should be but does like large.

Thanks Chris, that’s very kind of you. I’m not much of an impulse buyer and usually drag it out a few months before I take the plunge. Hopefully you and lots of other businesses will be back up and running again soon.

Thanks for the considered reply. We are keen to make the van feel more car like if possible so it’s not just about the arch gap. Something just hasn’t seemed right since I started researching seeing lots of people dropping 30-40mm which would barely be noticeable on my van.

The T32 naturally sits higher.

You’ve been recommended twice to the perfect suspension for your van. There is nothing better out there for the price for the T32 - KWv1. This will transform your drive, and very much more car like- Less body roll, less understeer, acceleration and braking will be more positive with less vehicle nose lifting and diving . It will handle imperfections better and feel 100% and all round better package - you won’t believe it’s the same vehicle. I’m sure every person who’s had the correct suspension upgrade on the forum will back up these comments about transformation.

But like you said take your time no need to hurry. We always recommend to test a vehicle with the setup you are buying. Every person will have a different option on which suspension is correct, only you can decide which is best for you. This is why we have four demo vehicles all running different suspension. It’s amazing how different suspension can feel to different people - we are all after something slightly different without knowing it.

I’m Not sure how old your van is or the mileage on but I can guarantee your geometry will be out unless you’ve had it recently adjusted ( we’ve even found brand new vans to be out from the factory) - in the short term get this checked and properly aligned - go hunter - there will be someone local to you with it for sure - you can search on 4 Wheel Alignment Near Me | Hunter Wheel Alignment UK | AlignMyCar
This will get the best out of your present setup. Although you will effectively be paying for it twice when you get your suspension replaced. Also double check tyre pressures. And the quality of tyre can make a big difference.

Get all of the above right and you be a very happy van driver.

Last edited:
I think in reality your vehicle is sitting at the full height for a T32. As the difference between the pic I put up and yours is clearly more than 30mm, and that van has -30mm springs on it. But that’s a great illustration

You won’t need to go to extremes to get a good stance, if that makes sense

HTH

Last edited:
Hi,
Our T6 T32 is sat on 18" Sportlines with stock suspension. The Mrs uses it for running kids and dogs around mainly so it never has any real weight in the back. The arch gap is considerable as you can see (about 150mm) and we have decided to get it lowered. Im just wondering if anyone has pictures of their van who has already done this. If we get a few different pictures with various heights then it will help me to see how much much we need it lowered by. I've seen lots of threads where people drop it by 40mm but I just don't think this would make a lot difference with it being such a big gap to start with. That might be fine if you carry a lot of weight but I don't think it will help us.

Lastly im from Gloucestershire so does anyone know of somewhere near by that deals in Transporter mods they can recommend. Not just for suspension but always handy to have a local garage who can help out.

Cheers
Mark

View attachment 103474

View attachment 103475
Hi
I’m a new year too... but loving having a van again!
If you are in Gloucester, give Jamie a shout at

He is in Gloucester ( Morton valence)
His company do alot of work with R8’s etc, but I know they do deal with transporters too, and he’s a good guy

Hi,
Our T6 T32 is sat on 18" Sportlines with stock suspension. The Mrs uses it for running kids and dogs around mainly so it never has any real weight in the back. The arch gap is considerable as you can see (about 150mm) and we have decided to get it lowered. Im just wondering if anyone has pictures of their van who has already done this. If we get a few different pictures with various heights then it will help me to see how much much we need it lowered by. I've seen lots of threads where people drop it by 40mm but I just don't think this would make a lot difference with it being such a big gap to start with. That might be fine if you carry a lot of weight but I don't think it will help us.

Lastly im from Gloucestershire so does anyone know of somewhere near by that deals in Transporter mods they can recommend. Not just for suspension but always handy to have a local garage who can help out.

Cheers
Mark

View attachment 103474

View attachment 103475
Hi there , That van isnt standard height so dont judge 40 mm drop from where it is now , It will go 40 mm from where a STANDARD van would be and we can make a decision once we know where it is compared to standard , take these measurements and let Chris an the Cave of myself know the measurements and we can make recommendations . A standard van has a front wheel arch measurement ( centre of the wheel to top of arch ) of 460 mm and the rear also 460 unless its a T 32 then its 470mm . If these measurements pan out to be correct its likely the tyres are under size that will make the gap look bigger ?? check tyre size ,

Transporter measurments  .jpg

Last edited:
If someone has a good pic of a standard van side on I can do the same again if it helps people see the difference. Only takes a few mins to lower it

I did think Sparks van wasn't lowering too much as I did it. I guess it all depends on what wheels are on and the carrying weight so everyones is slightly different

That's our T32 lowered 40mm. Bilstein B14's and 18" Sportlines. Sorry,i can't seem to find any photos of it when it was on Standard suspension but i remember it sitting quite high but perhaps not as high as yours looksIMG_1282.jpgIMG_0097.jpg

That's our T32 lowered 40mm. Bilstein B14's and 18" Sportlines. Sorry,i can't seem to find any photos of it when it was on Standard suspension but i remember it sitting quite high but perhaps not as high as yours looksView attachment 103695View attachment 103696
Thanks Martin, again that looks really good with just 40mm drop.
What size tyres are in your 18s? We have 255/45/18 not sure if these are the correct size or not.

255/45 is the correct and perfect size for a T32.

This is a 2016 T32 LWB on standard suspension and 17” Wheels with 215/65/17.

Gives you an idea against yours.

D2330A2A-8018-45C7-8B2A-5AAABEDAAE6B.jpeg

I’ve always thought that any van with upgraded wheels, alway make the gap look bigger. That and on a black van you loose the arch line which gives the illusion of sitting higher.

Anyway you’ve seen a couple of vans sat on lowered suspension in this thread, which will give you an idea of where you will end up. As I mentioned before where you are now is almost irrelevant, it’s where you end up and how it’s going to improve the drive you should be interested in.

255/45 is the correct and perfect size for a T32.

This is a 2016 T32 LWB on standard suspension and 17” Wheels with 215/65/17.

Gives you an idea against yours.

View attachment 103730

I’ve always thought that any van with upgraded wheels, alway make the gap look bigger. That and on a black van you loose the arch line which gives the illusion of sitting higher.

Anyway you’ve seen a couple of vans sat on lowered suspension in this thread, which will give you an idea of where you will end up. As I mentioned before where you are now is almost irrelevant, it’s where you end up and how it’s going to improve the drive you should be interested in.

Thanks for the advise and picture of the standard suspension. It doesn’t look that different from my van now.

I have observed: a lot of hand-holding; advice from others, guidance on experts to speak with who will advise free of charge; and, even people drawing pictures to explain it all. A blunt but fair summary...!

Back