t32 hard suspension - pot hole avoidance

Springs as you are limiting the load carrying ability, regardless of your best intention to never overload. You can have vehicles reclassified for things like this but by the without doing so, it could get sticky in an investigation.
Check your chassis plate for the axle weights. Half the higher value and then calculate the tyre rating required. T32 is normally 1710/1720 so 103 rating should be enough at 875 kg (1750 kg across the axle).
Some info here including a chart for load ratings on page 1.

Thanks for that, looks like mine is OK at 103 rating:

IMG_6315.jpg

As long as they're correctly load rated, 235/55 will be fine and almost identical in circumference so no change to the speedo.
Thanks

I have now replaced tyres with good year 235/55/17 103v.
They have made a small difference to the ride. I would say perfect on good roads but still have to avoid pot holes.
Never had this problem before with previous vans & next van will certainly not be a T32.

Love t32, kw stx…. ride very well
Read the thread, he’s already got Koni’s, STX won’t increase the ride quality as much as the Koni’s already have.
They have made a small difference to the ride. I would say perfect on good roads but still have to avoid pot holes.
Never had this problem before with previous vans & next van will certainly not be a T32.
I find my Koni’s infinitely better over pot holes, they just don’t improve the ride over crappy surfaces, it’s still a very fussy, niggly ride.

I think you’re pretty much out of options at this point, Koni’s, 103 tyres, 40spi.

Assuming you’ve got it sound proofed and insulated? I’ve got a thick carpet on the floor which soaks up a little bit of the NVH too.

Reactions: A&A
Read the thread, he’s already got Koni’s, STX won’t increase the ride quality as much as the Koni’s already have.

I find my Koni’s infinitely better over pot holes, they just don’t improve the ride over crappy surfaces, it’s still a very fussy, niggly ride.

I think you’re pretty much out of options at this point, Koni’s, 103 tyres, 40spi.

Assuming you’ve got it sound proofed and insulated? I’ve got a thick carpet on the floor which soaks up a little bit of the NVH too.
Hi.
It is much better than it was, funny thing is when we used a T28 for the day it was luxury even stopped looking out for potholes.
I've only driven vans since the 80's and never had to think about suspension... tyres at 44 psi so will drop down to 40.
Carpet in back from rugsforbugs, who did a great job.
Thanks for your help. Andy

Watching with interest. Was it the 4-season vectors? 103Y? And is yours LWB?

got another 10 months with my T32 - awful roads around Surrey mean its a tedious ride . Too late to spend money on the suspension

got another 10 months with my T32 - awful roads around Surrey mean its a tedious ride . Too late to spend money on the suspension
I also drive around Surrey a lot (delivering) playing dodge the potholes. Tyres do make a difference but not loads.

think yourself lucky you're in the Tory heartlands and not the North...

*apologies for the political post
#itstruethough

think yourself lucky you're in the Tory heartlands and not the North...

*apologies for the political post
#itstruethough
Funny enough we drive around Scotland quite often & roads are much better, more traffic police though. More fines = better roads.

My daughter has a T28 and hers is totally different to my T32...mine is harsh, hers is luxury. Incidentally my van has just failed it's 1st MOT today with 2 broken rear springs...potholes...so not bullet proof as another post mentions.

My daughter has a T28 and hers is totally different to my T32...mine is harsh, hers is luxury. Incidentally my van has just failed it's 1st MOT today with 2 broken rear springs...potholes...so not bullet proof as another post mentions.
I wonder how the T30's are?

Not being political but Woking council is currently over £2 billion in debt and basically sat on the naughty step.
Here in Northampton which went bankrupt 2yrs ago we've just got back an £8 million loan from Thurrock council!

Back