T6 Caravelle - What springs to lower slightly?

Discobadger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, I have a T6 2015 Caravelle which has just failed the MOT on two snapped rear springs. Seeing as these need to be replaced I thought I may as well put some lowered springs on it. I don't want to go daft as I camp a lot, have 5 kids and use a large trailer when we go camping.

I was going to go for the original VW sportline springs but have heard the H&R are a better option.

The van still has the original Genuine VW Transporter T6 Caravelle Cascavel 17" Alloy wheels so thought just a small drop. My budget isn't vast so any advice on what to swap to would be a big help.

Thanks

Hi, I have a T6 2015 Caravelle which has just failed the MOT on two snapped rear springs. Seeing as these need to be replaced I thought I may as well put some lowered springs on it. I don't want to go daft as I camp a lot, have 5 kids and use a large trailer when we go camping.

I was going to go for the original VW sportline springs but have heard the H&R are a better option.

The van still has the original Genuine VW Transporter T6 Caravelle Cascavel 17" Alloy wheels so thought just a small drop. My budget isn't vast so any advice on what to swap to would be a big help.

Thanks
If your caravelle is SWB it is 20 mm lowered from the factory. Most 40 mm springs will drop more than 40 because the caravelle is a heavy van. Expect 50 to 60 mm. At this height the ride will suffer a lot .
I have springs that can carry heavier vans and do 40 mm. Ideally u still need proper shocks to get a lovely ride and good handling. This then costs approx £ 1200 to do , You can do the springs first and add shocks later to spread the load

If your caravelle is SWB it is 20 mm lowered from the factory. Most 40 mm springs will drop more than 40 because the caravelle is a heavy van. Expect 50 to 60 mm. At this height the ride will suffer a lot .
I have springs that can carry heavier vans and do 40 mm. Ideally u still need proper shocks to get a lovely ride and good handling. This then costs approx £ 1200 to do , You can do the springs first and add shocks later to spread the load
Thanks for your feedback. It’s much appreciated. Can you let me know how much the springs are to start with and I’ll weigh up how best to approach it

For reference and particularly if your budget is low I've run Stance+ coilovers on a LWB T32 Caravelle for past 6k miles (OK that's only just over 2 months for me) but I've very pleased with the ride. It's a lot better than stock and a lot better than my previous T32 Shuttle with Eibach Raceline springs. Now @ £400 for the kit I'm not sure what they'll be like after a couple of years as I generally do 20k miles per year but warranty is for 2 years and from what I've read they are OK with warranty claims.

Note despite being the T32 variant I probably wouldn't recommend them for anyone regularly carrying loads or a heavy camper conversion. They are a bit softer compared with Eibach hence the comfortable ride.

Thanks
The Caravelle has snapped a spring already and to think that a cheap kit like stance will cope any better is short sighted in my humble opinion . at 400 quid it isn't difficult to imagine how low quality that must be , I know they look good in the box BUT ??

Im with Steve. I had the stance+ coilovers. Lasted 8k miles before they completely went. Ride is horrendous and the van will be back in for new suspension (and tyres) in no time. Looks a good drop but ride is horrible. Buy cheap buy twice..

Back