Altro Flooring Alternatives, Karndean Or Similar?

Karndean planks with strips.

It your van I saw......Is that a sliding door behind the driver seat. I want one of those storage panels you have.

We have this bloody great roll of Altro for sale drop me a pm if you fancy it £60

MVIMG_20200611_093953.jpg

View attachment 43802
I bought Karndean and supplied it for my converter to fit as I didn’t want Altro flooring - reminded me of my work floors too much. I was after a natural look to the interior and I’m more than happy with it.

Hi what was the model of the Karndean and how much did you need for the van?

@Rg - I used Karndean Opus Ignea and I needed to supply enough for 2m width and 2.5m length (SWB T6). Unfortunately the smallest pack sizes provided 3.34m2 so I needed to get 2 packs and so had some left over. Handy I suppose to have a few spares in case I ever need them.

@Rg - I used Karndean Opus Ignea and I needed to supply enough for 2m width and 2.5m length (SWB T6). Unfortunately the smallest pack sizes provided 3.34m2 so I needed to get 2 packs and so had some left over. Handy I suppose to have a few spares in case I ever need them.

Sounds good. Is it planks then? Its not on a roll like how the Altro is done. What adhesive did you use?

@Rg - yes they are planks. Photo of box attached for dimensions. I ordered a tub of the recommended adhesive for Karndean flooring (can’t remember it’s name) but my converter used his own. 4641F120-773E-4832-AE77-38334EBED463.jpeg

Reactions: Rg_
Planks , they do not do large pieces as such , but the plank widths vary depending on the range
Cool, do they have an adhesive backing or do you have to stick them yourself? Have you had any issues with them moving and forming gaps? I have had this with adhesive fitted planks before.

They are fitted with adhesive, I haven’t had any issues with the planks moving although to be fair my vehicle doesn’t get heavy use.

Sounds good guys. I think I'm going to go for that. I used b&q planks which have moved slightly. Looking to re do it and use Karndean.

Where did you order yours from?

Sounds good guys. I think I'm going to go for that. I used b&q planks which have moved slightly. Looking to re do it and use Karndean.

Where did you order yours from?
No adhesive backing you can get pressure sensitive adhesive from karndean which you apply with an A2 notched trowel and wait for it to go tacky (about an hour to two hours ) depending on temperature, I buy all my flooring from a company called pennine flooring as they usually have most in stock and cheaper than most but I'm not sure if they deal with general public you can buy everything you need from there if you can open a cash account and they will deliver free

Some great floors and info here! I’m going to fit a parquet style floor in my van. Just curious if your using a one piece floor, have you’s been fitting the Karndean to the floor and trimming it to the ply before bonding the floor in the van?

Some great floors and info here! I’m going to fit a parquet style floor in my van. Just curious if your using a one piece floor, have you’s been fitting the Karndean to the floor and trimming it to the ply before bonding the floor in the van?
It will be quite hard to cut all pieces first as they will move while trying to set them out , I usually cut the first couple before glueing then you can measure and cut them as you go the straight cuts just need scoring with a Stanley knife then they will snap , but some of the higher price ranges like van gough are harder to work with as the are thicker ,

We have Karndean too. 4 years old & still looks new. We are boaters/hikers/Skiers, it’s had everything thrown at it & is bulletproof.

Back